curious if anybody makes their own alcohol?

id like to make some of my own, well, legally wine i guess since i believe making your own beer and spirits is illegal in Canada.

edit: nvm u can make beer, just not hard liquors
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at May 23, 2010,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You'll most likely need a license.

nope, not for wine.

for anything else its practically impossible to make privately (legally) without being very rich though.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
There's breweries here that you can go and use their shit to brew beer. When I get money I want to check it out, too pooor now.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Generally the problem isn;t with brewing, it's distilling, since a badly made still has a tendancy to:
a) explode
b) not explode, but make the finest liquors which make you blind

Certainly in the UK, beer and wine making kits are pretty cheap(and a decent place to start).
I've made beer a few times. Well, I should say I helped my friend make beer. We've made a few different types (porter, Irish red ale, Belgian ale, chocolate stout) and they've all been pretty good. The chocolate stout was easily the best we've made so far. It's delicious.
Making beer is really quite easy, so long as you have the right tools of the trade. As for me, I got a beermaking starter kit for Christmas '09, and make beer by the 5 gallon bucket. If I had known before I was 21 just how easy it was to make beer (and wine too), I would definitely have made some. You can make a certain amount before you have to start paying taxes on it, but that amount is outrageously high for a home brewer, at least here in the states. Look for a homebrew supply store nearby and they'll be able to help you out tremendously with equipment and ingredients. To start off, you're looking at about a one time investment of ~80 US dollars and the kits to make 5 gallons (~48 12oz bottles) run around 25-35 USD.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join