I don't usually like country other than Johnny Cash, but that was a very interesting tune. Good vocals/lyrics also. Nice job.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
I dunno how often you post songs up but it seems like every time I do one you do too, haha. I like your stuff though. This is a good song. I like the country vibe. It's nice and chill and it has decent hooks. Good lyrics. I would really like to hear some full band stuff from you sometime. You're a good songwriter but I'd like to hear your songs in a band context rather than just acoustically.

Good song though, nice work.
I'm not really a fan of country at all but it seemed good. Sounds kinda plain without a full band though. I don't know what else I could say because I don't know much about this style of music.

BTW, Thanks for the crit on mine!
sounds good man, the lyrics work well and hit too close to home sometimes you have a nice voice too. i liked the vocal harmonies you added in there. the guitar parts are nice and relaxed and fit the mood. but like other people have said i would like to hear some of your stuff arranged for a full band. but its a solid tune nonetheless, nice job
I'm not a country guy, so you might want to take my input with a grain of salt. I thought it sounded rather bland musically, and the lyrics seem like the type of things I randomly spout when I make fun of the genre as a whole... though you did leave out any mention of your dog named "Ol' Blue" being run over by your pickup truck, unless I missed that. You have a pretty good voice, especially for your style of music. I think a full-band setup would help your sound a lot. I'd suggest a fiddle or something doing melodies over the guitar, since that seems to fit the genre and your general sound.

So yeah, if I seem harsh, it's just because it's not really my genre. If you ever do something closer to what I write then I'll take a look at that and might be able to be more constructive.

EDIT: Actually, "bland" might be the wrong word here. It just seemed very repetitive and thin sounding to me.
Last edited by -Blue- at May 24, 2010,
Well it wasn't bad. I'm gonna go with blue on this one and say that it wasn't my style but that doesn't mean something is wrong with it.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier

Jackson DKMG

Hot Rodded Telecaster

"of course he`s egotistical we`re all egotistical if we weren`t we`d be bassists."

Alter Bridge Pearl Jam Foo Fighters 3 Doors Down