like the title says i would like some suggestions for small tube amps, i play classic rock and some metal and i would preferably like an effects look. I was looking at a bugera v22, but my friends bugera v series has broken and so have a lot of others in reviews ive read.

Suggestions would be great, thanks, lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Orange Rocker30 is very versatile and has a great sound. Maybe you should look into that amp.
I own the Bugera V55 head and I played the v22 combo alot before I got the head and a cab...its a really nice series and especially for the money. The v series have not had as many problems, if any that i've heard of, as the older Peavey clones Bugera made. Plus they come with an awesome warranty and, depending on where you buy, you can always take it back if it doesn't work out. I highly recommend it!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Hughes and Kettner Statesman Dual EL84

I used to have the Quad EL84 version and it was a great amp.

But yeah, what's your budget?
yeah id rather avoid the bugera really, and there also on back order for 2 months. Yeah the orange is wayy out of rice rang, i have around £350-£400 max really, thanks for the suggestions

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Maybe the Krank Rev Jr. They can handle classic rock if you dial the gain back. Maybe even the Orange Dual Terror
How important is an effects loop? if its not majorly i'd go with the dual terror as above
how much metal? laney vc30 + boost or two if it's not much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im not looking for a huge metal sound, i did look at the laneys a while ago. What about the peavey valve king? how are they, i heard they were pretty noisey? i really would like an effects loop if possible.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Last edited by lewisg1 at May 23, 2010,
i think the laney has an fx loop.

valvekings are alright. decent for the money, jack of all trades, master of none kind of thing. Ideally could use a few upgrades (which, if you aren't careful, could cost enough that you could just have bought a better amp). they might do higher gain a little better than the laney, but laney will do the classic rock thing a lot better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks, il have to take a good look, my local sotre has the laney in so i can have a play with that , they also have the oranges so i might have a go on those too, they might have some second hand stuff in so that might also be worth a look. Thanks guys

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
yeah id rather avoid the bugera really, and there also on back order for 2 months. Yeah the orange is wayy out of rice rang, i have around £350-£400 max really, thanks for the suggestions

For that money, look into a H&K Edition Tube 25th Anniversary. It's pretty modern sounding, so a bit different than the V22 or Laney VC amps, but will do metal more easily than other amps in your price range.
H&K Statesman would be awesome, but you'd have to find a used one if you want to stay under 400 quid.

Peavey Valveking is pretty unexciting. It's cheap, loud and relatively versatile, but not great for anything. When looking at Peaveys, the Classic 30 is worth considering. It's sort of like the V22, but better sounding. 400 won't get you a new one, but used is no problem. Get a boost to get some good metal tones out of it.
A Laney VC30 is also nice. Smoother than the Peavey and with nicer cleans (imo), but with less gain on tap.