my mate gave me a ibanez RG350EX today, and i have a jackson warrior MG series and i love the neck on it, but hate the body shape, i wanna change the necks over but when i try to see if they would fit, the jackson neck has a over hang after the 24 fret, whereas the ibanez doesnt, im not sure if this would affect the scale length at all?

also the neck pockets are slightly different shapes. how would i go about changing the necks so its all ok?

cheers james
if you really want to switch the necks, you'd have to sand them down to fit.
only way of knowing if it'd affect scale length is to measure the scale length.
you'd have to add a piece of wood under the overhang and reshape the neck heel, probably have to dowell and re-drill the holes too.

The neck on the RG350 is a three piece Wizard II right? Those necks are much comfier than the Warrior neck on your Jackson, they just take a bit to get used to because they're so thin.
I also see you've got the Jackson marked as "(FOR SALE)" in your sig, it'd be much harder to sell if you modded it.
Quote by Bigsteve92
you'd have to add a piece of wood under the overhang and reshape the neck heel, probably have to dowell and re-drill the holes too.

The neck on the RG350 is a three piece Wizard II right? Those necks are much comfier than the Warrior neck on your Jackson, they just take a bit to get used to because they're so thin.
I also see you've got the Jackson marked as "(FOR SALE)" in your sig, it'd be much harder to sell if you modded it.

tbh the jackson neck is thinner than the ibanez neck and yea its the wiz II, well its only for sale if someone buys it and its not looking tht way.

But tbh after a day of playing the nack isnt too, bad the strings are just spaced slightly wider than im used to but its getting better, still woulda been nice if i could just swap um.
You'll find it's a lot of effort that isn't really worth it.

If you do though, I'm after a Wiz II neck so PM me if you go ahead with it.
just check the neck pocket width