Dear UG,

I just recently bought a Gibson Les Paul Traditional. Just now I broke my high E string, usually I have an extra set of 10's laying around but now I don't. I would like to know if the neck can get warped or something like that if I leave it like that (till Tuesday)? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I just don't want something bad to happen to my brand-spanking new Gibby .

Thanks in advance,

Harald
Last edited by darkravers009 at May 23, 2010,
You have nothing to worry about, Gibson necks aren't flimsy. If your guitar was soaked in water for hours you'd have something to worry about.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at May 23, 2010,
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Yeah, you're fine. Nothing to worry about.

Quote by Gargoyle2500
You have nothing to worry about, Gibson necks aren't flimsy. If your guitar was soaked in water for hours you'd have something to worry about.

Thanks for the response. I'm glad she'll be fine, she's my most prized possession. Jezus, UG's reaction time never ceases to amaze me.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Quote by darkravers009
Thanks for the response. I'm glad she'll be fine, she's my most prized possession. Jezus, UG's reaction time never ceases to amaze me.

The reaction time can be quick but the quality of replies sometimes varies. I think you got lucky with our replies, Some other folks who frequent this forum may have ended up poking fun at you for asking a question (Which is dumber than they think the question is, I'm not saying your question was dumb because it wasn't)
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
A dutchy!:p (Belgian here, gogo Flanders!)
Leaving it with no strings at all for a long time would be bad, but with only one string missing for a few days there shouldn't be a problem I think
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Gargoyle2500
The reaction time can be quick but the quality of replies sometimes varies. I think you got lucky with our replies, Some other folks who frequent this forum may have ended up poking fun at you for asking a question (Which is dumber than they think the question is, I'm not saying your question was dumb because it wasn't)

I have to agree on you with that. anyways, thanks for the high quality reply
Vox VT30
Tension differences will occur, but well built guitars should easily withstand short term and it shouldn't be an apparent problem. Besides, that's what the truss rod is for to fall back on.
eat sleep play guitar
Lucky you finding a Trad! I've had to order one in at Long & McQuade and wait, hopefully it'll be good. I went all around Calagary yesterday to 4 different Music stores and could only find 6 Trads in total and none blew me away. Still hoping for the jem though as I think the Trads offer the closest thing to the old LPs barring the VOS of course which is $3500 and I may consider it should I not be able to find a decent Trad soon.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Lucky you finding a Trad! I've had to order one in at Long & McQuade and wait, hopefully it'll be good. I went all around Calagary yesterday to 4 different Music stores and could only find 6 Trads in total and none blew me away. Still hoping for the jem though as I think the Trads offer the closest thing to the old LPs barring the VOS of course which is $3500 and I may consider it should I not be able to find a decent Trad soon.

Well I bought the traditional because it sounded right and it played right and that's all you should be looking for and I'm sure you know that already. Just keep playing and you'll find your guitar, hell I was looking at Les Paul copies and then I played just that traditional and I just knew.
Vox VT30