Hey, Tell me what you think of this, please. Going to be recording it with my band as soon as we get a new drummer. Constructive Critique is appreciate, and shoot me a link if you want and I'll C4C your songs. Thanks in advanced.
Attachments:
Men of Mythos.zip
The verse is a bit annoying just because it doesn't feel heavy, it just feels like you're playing really fast.

A little bit too much stop-start stuff for me in the chorus; it just feels like another breakdown.
Try adding some variation to the verse, maybe some power chords?

Harmony on the legato section of the verse for sure.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 23, 2010,
Quote by oneblackened
The verse is a bit annoying just because it doesn't feel heavy, it just feels like you're playing really fast.

A little bit too much stop-start stuff for me in the chorus; it just feels like another breakdown.
Try adding some variation to the verse, maybe some power chords?

Harmony on the legato section of the verse for sure.

Try listening with RSE, if you didn't. It sounds heavy enough to me with RSE going.

The Chorus is *supposed* to have a breakdown feel to it. The lyrics that go over it are "Unite so that we may make war, Unite so that we may make war. They'll be impaled on the flag they fight for. Men of Mythos, Unite and Destroy." - Felt that the chorus in place was appropriate for lyrics.

And there is some harmony on the legato section of the last verse. I figured overusing the harmonies would detract how cool they sound at time, and seeing as the song is slightly repetitive without the lyrics in place, don't want to go overkill on that.

Thanks for the crit though.
I did listen with RSE, it's just really boring and repetitive. I wrote a song that had a verse like that (well, it was repetitive) and I got a lot of flak for that.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Small semi-off topic question...Phil Minette? A.J. Minette from The Human Abstract...any relation? O_o
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Actually I just started messing around with the legato part, and I think it sounds MUCH better if it's shifted an octave up. It breaks it up a bit more, it's a bit less monotonous.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden