hey guys im just wondering, which out of these two chains offer better sales in memorial day?

in guitar center the memorial day sale is usually pretty good, i dont even know if sam ash has one. are there good deals on gibsons?

im asking because i have 2 guitarcenters and two sam ash's within an hour of me.
oh n please dont answer if your one of those people who hates guitar center because their evil n treat u like crap or whatever. they have the best prices here n always give me great service.
Quote by californiacane
Oh........ Im usually one of those guys

haha yea ill never understand y so many plp hate gc
Quote by californiacane
Good service, bad prices is my theory

well then elaborate, which places have good prices?

cause around here the other places treat you good but guitarcenter can always give me a better price.
pretty sure Gibsons are one of the products included on the * they have in tiny print that says "excluding these companies:"
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
GuitarCenter always raises their prices a ton if you wait to long. Try Musiciansfriend.com or somethin. Sam Ash is good though.
.....Found Him!
Quote by californiacane
GuitarCenter always raises their prices a ton if you wait to long. Try Musiciansfriend.com or somethin. Sam Ash is good though.

guitarcenter owns musiciansfriend, so they won't have competing prices. they'll be the same.

i always get better deals from guitarcenter over sam ash, so i'd go to GC.
id go to samash

not for the prices but they usually have a better selection of guitars IMO

but then again your looking for Gibsons and GC has a wall full of those so yeah go to GC

they have good sales aswell

idk about Samash i never buy anything in there

i just find their items a bit more tasteful
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
eh the maximum that both will go 20% so doesnt matter that much..

have to say samash customer treatment is superb...dont know about GC though
Last edited by archenemyfan at May 24, 2010,
Quote by californiacane
Good service, bad prices is my theory

I find GC to be exactly the opposite of this.

Especially when they have sales. GC's sales can be beastly.

I've never been to a Sam Ash sale though. There isn't one anywhere near me, I've only been to one in my life. It makes me sad. I wish I had more choice...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I find GC to be exactly the opposite of this.

Especially when they have sales. GC's sales can be beastly.

I've never been to a Sam Ash sale though. There isn't one anywhere near me, I've only been to one in my life. It makes me sad. I wish I had more choice...

actually it is better to buy using a coupon....to be on the safer side
and another thing is that in samash you can call or email and bargain with them...once i took 200 off an ESP MII

and oh,they also have rarer ESP models,which I dont see in any big chain store....
Unless the item is blemished or has been there for a long long long long time anything new is going to be the same exact price everywhere. Especially Gibsons and PRS's.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
Unless the item is blemished or has been there for a long long long long time anything new is going to be the same exact price everywhere. Especially Gibsons and PRS's.

mmm..I dont agree with you on that...If they are put on sale,yes there is a chance,but applying coupon is valid to all items,so if they are brand new,they are brand new...

that is why I said coupons are safer
all the gc coupons specifically exclude gibson and prs.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror

I dont know about GC but in samash,everything in thier store is valid in a coupon(except for few items maybe)...no brand exceptions...

but old stock doesnt matter...I recently got a rg1570 which was made in 2008,but it is brand spankling new...no fingermarks or blems or dirt nothing...but it has gone back to the factory though...for the toolkit mod..
Quote by AcousticMirror

nah, i have one for 15% off gibson products. i just dont think i can use it in the sale
I'd say in most situations you're better off just buying things used over buying new. But gc and sam ash have all the same prices and each one of them will match competitors prices, which makes them not very different at all. Only difference is the two stores usually carry different merchandise, for example, sam ash will have a wider selection of ESP/LTD than guitar center will(that's just one example).

I'd say craigslist is the absolute best place to find gear.