Jackson SL3
14 41%
Schecter C-1 FR Custom
11 32%
Ibanez RGT42DXFM
9 26%
Voters: 34.
Hello,
Im going to the States this summer and am probably going to buy a new guitar. I play alot of metal, stuff like Megadeth, Pantera, Bodom, Death, A7x, Lamb Of God, BTBAM, Iron Maiden, Kalmah, Skeletonwitch, 3 Inches Of Blood.. those kinds of bands. I want a really comfortable guitar with a good neck and trem, that is versatile.

I am playing out of a Mashall MG15 and Peavey Envoy 110. Probably going to get a marshall head or a Peavey 6505 head to go along with my dad's old cab.

My 3 choices so far are:
Jackson SL3 Soloist: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar-868419-i1447157.gc

Schecter C1 Custom FR: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C-1-Custom-FR-Electric-Guitar-423900-i1524423.gc

Ibanez RGT42DXFM: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RGT42DXFM-Electric-Guitar-512357-i1435740.gc

Or recommend me a different one
Thanks!
Last edited by RockRoadie27 at May 23, 2010,
out of those the soloist, for $1300 you can get a japanese mad ibanez rg prestige with an edge zero which is miles better than the edge III
schecter.
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
well when you get here try all three.. that is the best i can say.. otherwise.. your looking at 3 different guitars with huge differences

the ibanez has a really thin neck that i personally hate.. first time i picked it up it felt really awakward to play.. went over to a schecter and i luved the fatter neck. it's all preference. the jackson...well i'm not really big on jackson but i hear the soloist series is awesome.. i'd probably take the schecter..
Quote by MetalGuitarest
well when you get here try all three.. that is the best i can say.. otherwise.. your looking at 3 different guitars with huge differences

the ibanez has a really thin neck that i personally hate.. first time i picked it up it felt really awakward to play.. went over to a schecter and i luved the fatter neck. it's all preference. the jackson...well i'm not really big on jackson but i hear the soloist series is awesome.. i'd probably take the schecter..

I will try them all and other models too.

I would prefer something in between the really thin neck and fatter one, hopefully the Jackson has a good neck profile.
I like the thin necks a lot but ya the Jackson neck is similar to a Schecter Hellraiser, maybe a bit thicker all around.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Quote by -Dzo-

Yeah but IMO those EMGs lack tone and I don't really want them. Thanks anyway.

Edit: The Schecter catalog I have says the C-1 FR Custom has an original Floyd, but guitarcenter says its licensed
Does anyone know which guitarcenter is best and has the most variety in Washington State?
Out of all of them i'd say the Jackson Soloist is the best, but a schecter hellraiser/blackjack is the best value for money. Ibanez's..id go for the prestige series or at least the RG550.
Quote by Arterial
Out of all of them i'd say the Jackson Soloist is the best, but a schecter hellraiser/blackjack is the best value for money. Ibanez's..id go for the prestige series or at least the RG550.

Damn, I must say I am liking the Blackjack C-1 FR. I have heard nothing but positive about Blackouts and they would give me a unique sound. I will have to check this axe out!

Alot of people voting Ibanez, I would like to know why?
For versatility the Soloist is your best bet simply because it's an HSS setup. And Soloist necks feel pretty damn good in my opinion. They're not ridiculously thin like Wizard necks that hurt your hand, but they're not huge like vintage Gibsons. If a regular C or U shape neck is your thing, that's the neck you want.

Another recommendation would be the new ATF3000 from Dean. They've got a carved flame maple top, Original Floyd Rose, and the pickups were designed after the original DiMarzio Super Distortions from vintage Deans. I plan on getting one of these without a Floyd whenever I get the cash. Even if Dean didn't give me a discount I'd still buy one haha, I love how they play. They're $799.99 for a Floyd, $699.99 without

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at May 23, 2010,
Quote by RockRoadie27
Does anyone know which guitarcenter is best and has the most variety in Washington State?
Since Seattle is a music hotbed, I would imagine one there would be it. There's probably quite a few big music stores there, so I would try to check out more than just GC.
Quote by strumandbang
Since Seattle is a music hotbed, I would imagine one there would be it. There's probably quite a few big music stores there, so I would try to check out more than just GC.

Are there any other places like guitarcenter that carry a wide variety of guitars , but without the crappy salespeople?
Quote by RockRoadie27
Yeah but IMO those EMGs lack tone and I don't really want them. Thanks anyway.

Edit: The Schecter catalog I have says the C-1 FR Custom has an original Floyd, but guitarcenter says its licensed

Damn straight my friend ^_^ Exactly why I didn't cop :P I honestly would NOT recommend EMGs or Blackouts. But still, even with a pup change its cheaper (or at least near the same price) than the jackson and you get an OFR. In my opinion if your spending this kind of money a nice locking trem is mandatory.

I wish you the best
~Dave
Guitars
Carvin DC145 w/ OFR
Ibanez RGEX1 w/ Tone Zone & Paf Pro
Last edited by -Dzo- at May 23, 2010,
Quote by RockRoadie27
Are there any other places like guitarcenter that carry a wide variety of guitars , but without the crappy salespeople?
Go to Google>Maps>Search "Seattle WA">Search "Guitars">"More Info" on each location>Read the reviews.
Quote by strumandbang
Go to Google>Maps>Search "Seattle WA">Search "Guitars">"More Info" on each location>Read the reviews.

Whoa, That's alot of guitar shops! Google, huh? You gotta love it
I checked the musical instruments section of Craigslist for Seattle, just out of curiosity, and there are already 4.5 pages of listings just for today. There's a lot of gear moving around in that town.
Quote by Flux'D
For versatility the Soloist is your best bet simply because it's an HSS setup. And Soloist necks feel pretty damn good in my opinion. They're not ridiculously thin like Wizard necks that hurt your hand, but they're not huge like vintage Gibsons. If a regular C or U shape neck is your thing, that's the neck you want.

Another recommendation would be the new ATF3000 from Dean. They've got a carved flame maple top, Original Floyd Rose, and the pickups were designed after the original DiMarzio Super Distortions from vintage Deans. I plan on getting one of these without a Floyd whenever I get the cash. Even if Dean didn't give me a discount I'd still buy one haha, I love how they play. They're $799.99 for a Floyd, $699.99 without

NICE. I will definitely add it to my list of guitars that I have to try. Thanks

I need more recommendations like this!