So, we booked a gig last month to play at a local bar, and we didn;t have a singer at the time, and we still dont have one. The gig is this Friday

We are trying every single option, including someone else singing in the band, but we aren't vocally inclined

I have been saying for the past 2 weeks to cancel the gig, but they insist, and say we can even go onstage without a singer, because cancelling a week in advance would be "unprofessional"

I already told the that I'm not going onstage without a singer, but they said they don't care, and are trying to make me seem like the bad guy and calling me a pessimist, but I don't want to embarrass myself in front of my family and friends, and leave a bad first impression for our band

Anything I can do to convince them just to cancel?
We only have a week(2 practices) to write or learn a whole new setlist, and I cannot sing to save my life
Ask around to some of the other local bands. Present the setlist to one of the bands with a singer and ask if you could borrow their singer for night. Tell them that if he sings you'll mention what band he's from and advertise for them a little bit.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
just refuse to turn up to the gig if they won't cancel. That way they'll have to cancel or look even more stupid.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by iband48
Ask around to some of the other local bands. Present the setlist to one of the bands with a singer and ask if you could borrow their singer for night. Tell them that if he sings you'll mention what band he's from and advertise for them a little bit.

This is a very good idea
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Maidenallica
So, we booked a gig last month to play at a local bar, and we didn;t have a singer at the time, and we still dont have one. The gig is this Friday

We are trying every single option, including someone else singing in the band, but we aren't vocally inclined

I have been saying for the past 2 weeks to cancel the gig, but they insist, and say we can even go onstage without a singer, because cancelling a week in advance would be "unprofessional"

I already told the that I'm not going onstage without a singer, but they said they don't care, and are trying to make me seem like the bad guy and calling me a pessimist, but I don't want to embarrass myself in front of my family and friends, and leave a bad first impression for our band

Anything I can do to convince them just to cancel?
Don't fight with them. Quit the band. They're idiots. You can't fix stupid.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Don't fight with them. Quit the band. They're idiots. You can't fix stupid.

This is good advice. What inspired you to book a gig without a full lineup is beyond me. Whether you cancel or not, you look like rank amateurs, but at least if you cancel you are spared the humiliation of a pissed off bar owner telling you off.
You have to cancel. No question you have to cancel. How you deal with your band members after that will be up to you. They may get pissed with you, probably will. I wouldn't quit straightaway. No one here truly knows your circumstances and a lot of people are very eager to gig ASAP straightaway without thinking about it because they're inexperienced with this stuff.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I finally convinced them

And I don;t want to quit, theyre actually excellent songwriters, just stupid sometimes

And I didn't book the gig, I was out and I got a call and they said they booked a gig, and I was actually pretty pissed
Quote by Maidenallica
I finally convinced them

And I don;t want to quit, theyre actually excellent songwriters, just stupid sometimes

And I didn't book the gig, I was out and I got a call and they said they booked a gig, and I was actually pretty pissed

Ahh that's good. In the future don't book the gig unless you know you'll be ready, and get some rules in place about booking gigs. If a gig is offered, first make sure that all members of the band are available to play before accepting.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud