Page 1 of 2
i think its time i have switched internnet browsers. i cant take much more of this hypocrisy called "Internet Explorer" does anyone have any suggestiosn for a new web browser?

oh and no Google Chrome, i have tried it before and it is alright but it crashes.
Firefox

spell check comes in handy
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
google chrome,

doesnt crash, you havnt used new google chrome

^chrome has spellcheck too, oh and adblock
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by rockingamer2
Firefox

spell check comes in handy

anything i should know about firefox? any benefits or features?
chrome doesn't crash anymore, it's definitely the fastest, although adblock for firefox is better. I hear good things about Opera as well, although I've never really used it much. Any of those three really. Safari is a bit pants to be honest though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by thrashaholic666

dude i used to use firefox,

chrome has all the same benefits, its way faster, more miniscule and doesnt crash at all

(even when flash crashes, chrome doesnt, in firefox if flash crashes, ff does)
i used to hate chrome, but it is so much better now.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by thrashaholic666

Ad-ons are the shit. It's like apps for your internet browser. Plus, as stated before, it has a built in spell check.
Opera has spellcheck too. And I love the tabs design.

Also, I tested the speed between google chrome and opera and I got some big difference (15-18mb/sec for chrome and 29mb/sec for opera). Opera's java engine or something is apparently very fast and stuff.

Though sometimes, especially with old flash content, there's compatibility issues, if not crashes.
Quote by thrashaholic666

The add ons are really nice and so are the themes.

NoScript + AdBlock = 0 advertisements at all. A lot of the add ons are mainly just convenience but the ones that do help performance really come in handy.

Though it does take up a lot of memory (for me at least).
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Firefox
Safari
Flock
Opera

Take your pick, really.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by JimmyBanks6
dude i used to use firefox,

chrome has all the same benefits, its way faster, more miniscule and doesnt crash at all

(even when flash crashes, chrome doesnt, in firefox if flash crashes, ff does)
i used to hate chrome, but it is so much better now.
+1

Chrome has it's own Task Manager, so if one page crashes, it won't break the browser and you can close the window without it affecting your browsing.
a little info for the chrome users. The adblock in chrome doesn't block the ads it just hides them.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Take a look at this diagram:
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 23, 2010,
firefox or chrome. though for addons, firefox is the best IMO. chrome has still a while to catch up with its extensions.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
I'd try chrome again, it's gotten a lot more stable over the last year, it's just as reliable as firefox now.
chrome. It's the shiz.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Cometbird. Third party offshoot of Firefox, literally the only difference being it's faster and it has online bookmark capabilities.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
I remember when Chrome first caught my eye, fairly early on it's life. It used to crash a lot and have trouble with loading videos occasionally, also it wasn't supported by a lot of stuff online. However, now it is a fully fledged browser, and not a young fledgling, I can safely say its fucking good.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I love both Firefox and Opera, and Safari is a decent backup. I used Safari when my Firefox was fvcked and I hadn't yet discovered Opera.

Oh, and I also hate Google Chrome
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
in the end i actually went with firefox. its pretty slow. ill give it a try for a week though if i dont like it ill go to google chrome. spell check is rly anowing on this.
Quote by PussyPunk182
I remember when Chrome first caught my eye, fairly early on it's life. It used to crash a lot and have trouble with loading videos occasionally, also it wasn't supported by a lot of stuff online. However, now it is a fully fledged browser, and not a young fledgling, I can safely say its fucking good.

This.

I downloaded chrome the day that it was released to the public.

At first I was disappointed due to things like Myspace not working quite right with it, but ever since the middle of last year or so, everything is running smooth. No crashes for months.

EDIT:
Quote by thrashaholic666
in the end i actually went with firefox. its pretty slow. ill give it a try for a week though if i dont like it ill go to google chrome. spell check is rly anowing on this.

Try spelling correctly; I hear that's one way to make it not show red lines under your words.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
I do Computer Science at Uni, and its actually calculable on how much better Chrome is than pretty much anything else out there. Just go and 'Google' the Acid 3 test. Chrome is the only one that can pass it 100%.

Its got pretty much the same things as firefox too, you'll just need to look for them a little more because its not open source, but chrome is by far and away the best.
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Quote by jgbsmith
chrome doesn't crash anymore, it's definitely the fastest, although adblock for firefox is better. I hear good things about Opera as well, although I've never really used it much. Any of those three really. Safari is a bit pants to be honest though.

This +100. I started using chrome and haven't gone back.

But if you're really insistent on not chrome, firefox.
Quote by thrashaholic666
is there a difference between firefox and thunderbird?

firefox is an internet browser

thunderbird is an email client
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by thrashaholic666
is there a difference between firefox and thunderbird?

Thunderbird is some e-mail thing related to Firefox.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Page 1 of 2