Page 1 of 2
Proof that police officers are either really lacking in basic drugs knowledge or just plain stupid.

Source: http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0522/largest-marijuana-plant-seizure-police-departments-history-turns-mere-yard-work/

Quote by Raw News.com

By Stephen C. Webster
Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 -- 4:37 pm

Like the old song goes, one of these things is not like the other...

However, remind a police officer in Corpus Christi, Texas of those famed Cookie Monster lyrics and they're likely to give you an annoyed look.

That's because a recently discovered cache of plants, initially pegged by officials speaking to local news as "one of the largest marijuana plant seizures in the police department's history," turned out to be a relatively common prairie flower of little significance.

Texas officers ultimately spent hours laboring to tag and remove up to 400 plants from a city park, discovering only after a battery of tests that they had been sweating over mere Horse Mint, a member of the mint family -- effectively turning their ambitious drug bust into mere yard work.

The plants, which bear very few aesthetic similarities to cannabis, were reported by an unnamed youth who came across them while riding a bike in the park around 8 p.m. on Thursday. Upon visual inspection, police apparently agreed that the inoffensive plants had to go.

Ultimately, officers were reduced to conducting chemical tests to learn their "weed" was really just that: an actual weed.

"That shows exactly the caliber of police work that is done in Corpus christi, Tx," commenter Derick Sillers opined in a local NBC affiliate's comments section.

"The resident of corpus and nueces county should seriously be concerned with how their tax dollars are spent," he continued. "[This] is the same police department that serves, protects and investigates you.... does it really take that long to find out you don't have marijuana."

"Officers did not explain how their big 'drug haul' will be disposed of, now that they’ve spent untold hours and plenty of taxpayer money clearing weeds of the the city park," writer Steve Elliott summarized for News Junkie Post.

The tale is, at very least, a compelling argument for accurate, non-fear-based drug education in public schools, which advocacy groups say is sorely lacking.
Texans, the biggest idiots that are allowed guns.
This is why we can't have nice things!
Dude, this stuff is so...um...uh...wait, it's not weed? What the hell?!

But yeah, people still take Texas seriously considering what they're doing to US education? I do feel lucky for the owner though, free weed-pulling.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
*sigh* only in texas
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Effin pigs prolly discovered it wasn't weed when they tried smoking it, you know how cops are.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by Benadeto
Texans, the biggest idiots that are allowed guns.

Even idiots have Second Amendment rights!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Which, if you look into it, allow you to bear arms for the purpose of forming a militia in the event of war, not self-defense, or peace of mind, or some psychological need to be packing, or a need to compensate.

Those cops must be ****ing idiots or something, or just way too eager to use their power. That doesn't even look like marijuana.

"Hey, look! Them plants over there look kinda funny, you reck'n that's the marijuanerz?"

"I reckon it must be! Lets go get 'em!"
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at May 23, 2010,
Quote by necrosis1193
Which, if you look into it, allow you to bear arms for the purpose of forming a militia in the event of war, not self-defense, or peace of mind, or some psychological need to be packing, or a need to compensate.

The point is incase the militia decides to turn against the people, the people can defend themselves. Who regulates the militia? The people do.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at May 23, 2010,
Quote by necrosis1193

...even if you're a complete idiot.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

yeah. thank god you dont.
you brought a hooker to church?
True. Technically everyone keeping a gun is still doing so legally, it just pisses me off when people think that it's some sort of right they just should need instead of something for government purposes in origin.

Edit: At TheBurningFish.

"Welp, looks like you hit the big one guys. We could tell the press we made a huge bust, or you could just say you made a mistake and we could smoke the whole department out."
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I wanna gun...

Judging by the way people post in your threads, you having a gun would result in... well let's just say the amount of regular users would drop drastically.

Quote by TheBurningFish
Judging by the way people post in your threads, you having a gun would result in... well let's just say the amount of regular users would drop drastically.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I can't hate the way you post that smile

Everyone else will, but I'mma drink...

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I wanna gun...

the members of rush don't.

on topic, texas seriously needs to secede.
Go Veg.
Quote by im not mental
on topic, texas seriously needs to secede.

to mexico? They're stuck between a rock and a hardplace.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Texas is cool...there's lots of guns in Texas.

I just reported you for trolling.

You know for a fact that if you mention you and guns, you will most likely get a reaction.
RIP Tom Searle.
smoking it would have been the easiest way to figure it out. or realizing that the smell isn't weed.

who the hell mistakes a mint plant for a marijuana plant?

OR

oh.. and.. the smell?!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
smoking it would have been the easiest way to figure it out. or realizing that the smell isn't weed.

who the hell mistakes a mint plant for a marijuana plant?

http://wildflowers.jdcc.edu/Dotted%20Horse%20Mint9.JPG[/mg]

OR

http://animamrecro.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/flinflon2asml.jpg[/mg]

oh.. and.. the smell?!

If at least some of the things I've heard about Texas are true, this should come as no surprise.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
So is rush going to play in texas
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
nah. Come to Texas and we'll make a special-case law to keep you from having a gun, Fassa.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Page 1 of 2