i've been threading a lot recently and have only a few more questions on amps and stuff
i've been told that maybe getting new pickups for my stagg rg would help the output of my guitar and give me more a chuggin sound
i play a lot of different stuff but mostly a day to remember and three days grace
stuff of that nature
i've have been wanting to upgrade my line 6 spider 15 to maybe a 30 or maybe getting a peavy vyper
does anyone know what pickups would work for me
EMG + Mesa. there you go
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
okay emg yes
that makes sense
but isn't mesa an amp company
an expensive amp company?
im can't pay 1,000 to 2,000 for an amp
im only a teen
What's your budget for amp, and budget for pickups? You will NOT hear a difference in tone from different pickups through a Spider. It just WON'T happen.

Upgrade the amp before pickups!
Quote by bb155558
okay emg yes
that makes sense
but isn't mesa an amp company
an expensive amp company?
im can't pay 1,000 to 2,000 for an amp
im only a teen

Can you get a job? Because I'm seventeen, and bought a Mesa/Boogie a year ago from the cash I earned from lifeguarding. It's a combo amp, and I got it for $750 used. And like the guy above me said, ALWAYS upgrade the amp before the pickups; the Mesa I bought was an upgrade from a Line 6 Spider III, and even though I had to wait a bit before buying a better guitar, that amp made my Epiphone Les Paul sound good.
How much are you willing to spend? If you go to the used section on GuitarCenter.com, they give you a freaking steal on guitars. Look into Schecters; I bought my Schecter Hellraiser with EMGs for about $500 used, and it was practically pristine condition. I'd suggest Schecter guitars since I doubt you'd be able to afford a PRS, and as for amps....used Peavey 5150 or 6505+ run for about $500, and they are perfect for high gain stuff. Mesas run a little higher, usually the lowest price is around $750.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser