Sorry about creating YET ANOTHER new amp thread, but i was on the market for amplifier number 2. I play lots of metal and rock(Manson,Slayer,KMFDM etc...)
and am open to solid state, tube or modeling( except Line 6 Spiders )
My Budget is $500-$600 and i don't want anything TOO incredibly loud( i play at home or casually jam with local hippies. Thanx!!!
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
Peavey 6505 combo would be a decent choice.

EDIT: If you stretch you can get a Krank Rev Jr. Pro

Stretch only 50 bucks you can get the Krank Krankenstein

Well I just add a Krank Rev Jr because its in your budget!
Last edited by nickdohle at May 23, 2010,
There are so many of these threads for pretty much the exact same genre and the exact same amps are mentioned everytime anyways the peavey 6505+112 would be good or maybe the Bugera 6262 but those can get pretty loud idk how they do at bedroom level. Good luck
uhh i don't mean to sound picky, but i don't want THAT much gain. Im not into the super heavy modern BFMV Sound.
And i forgot to specify this above but ONLY combo amps please. Thank you!
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
The peavey 6505+112 is a combo and the bugera 6262 comes in a combo as well. I dont really know any other amps tbh theres the fender hot rod deluxe, which is pretty good, but distortion might be a little too light. Maybe look into some blackstar amps, or maybe a line 6 flextone if you can raise some more money.
Quote by shiz.zle

valve kings are decent amps, but in order to get a decent tone you will NEED at minimum some sort of EQ pedal, and probably will also want a tubescreamer of some sort for metal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
valve kings are decent amps, but in order to get a decent tone you will NEED at minimum some sort of EQ pedal, and probably will also want a tubescreamer of some sort for metal.

And replace the speaker and valves. It's a good amp if you rebuild it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
And replace the speaker and valves. It's a good amp if you rebuild it.

I'm inclined to agree, at minimum you need a speaker and EQ. EQ made more difference than tubes for me.

I think the OP should go for the Vypyr Tube or a used Flextone.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I think the OP should go for the Vypyr Tube or a used Flextone.

good suggestions, but i want to use my multi effects pedal for effects, so i've changed my mind no modeling.
Quote by tacaco1000