Short-and-sweet: Looking into picking up two new toys for some distortion. Want some opinions to be sure they're worth my money.

~Guyatone TZ-2 Fuzz ~ It's supposed to be a repro of the Tonebender. I love the sound Jimmy Page got with a little cranked tube amp, a tele, and a Tonebender. Same time though, I've looked at plenty of pedals say they're a reproduction of a great vintage tone tool, plugged it in, and just want to chuck it through a wall when I heard it.

~Danelectro Cool Cat CO-2 OD ~ A lot of guys say that this is a Fulltone OCD clone. I didn't believe it, but after a Gearmanndude comparison between an OCD and one of these things, while there is a difference in tonal characteristic, that video made me feel Danelectro hit a high-note with this thing. I've heard of plenty of pedals that are crap except for a few exceptions though.

SO, any firsthand accounts?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Last edited by necrosis1193 at May 23, 2010,
no firsthand experience, but i watched the CO-2/OCD shootout and the Cool Cat holds its own very well. much cheaper, too.

you also might look at the seemingly more-versatile CTO-2 Transparent Overdrive.
Last edited by gnomieowns at May 23, 2010,
If you mean the Trans OD, the V1 was an almost dead-on clone IIRC.

Their Fuzz V1 was also supposedly a dead clone of a Frantone Cream Puff. I'm still trying to get my hands on one.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at May 23, 2010,
I know the v1 is close but not sureabout the v2 of it. I have the dano v1 its a wonderful pedal.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Yea. The Trans is the Timmy clone. I think the Drive is the OCD clone.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs