I'm reading Slaughterhouse 5 for school, and we were given the task of finding a song that represents or fits a character in some way (most likely Billy Pilgrim for this book, but doesn't have to be). I can't think of a song that portrays the character well, so if someone has any ideas, it'd be very much appreciated.
How are you supposed to find a song about a flamingo-looking kid who travels through time by accident, becomes an optometrist, goes to war, marries a big fat lady who eats candy a lot (no, really?), gets kidnapped by aliens and ****s a movie star a bazillion miles from home, survives one of the worst airstrikes ever, and likes shitty science fiction writers
Something off Mastodon's new album would work great.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by maXterbat0r
How are you supposed to find a song about a flamingo-looking kid who travels through time by accident, becomes an optometrist, goes to war, marries a big fat lady who eats candy a lot (no, really?), gets kidnapped by aliens and ****s a movie star a bazillion miles from home, survives one of the worst airstrikes ever, and likes shitty science fiction writers

That's why I'm having difficulties :P
doesn't have to be about him, but has to fit him. I feel like it's an easier assignment for the people in my class reading other books, but it sucks for those of us reading this.
Pick a really crappy song, it'll symbolize how much crap this book is worth.

Confusing piece of shit
[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/chw42/spiderjamesPJsig.png[/IMG]
Quote by K Dizzle
That's why I'm having difficulties :P
doesn't have to be about him, but has to fit him. I feel like it's an easier assignment for the people in my class reading other books, but it sucks for those of us reading this.

Hmm, just go with a quality of his and find a song about that. I'd look for something about prophecy, fate, or time travel, maybe.

I still think the phrase "Listen: Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time" is absolutely badass
Quote by rockingamer2
Something off Mastodon's new album would work great.

Or this.
Last edited by maXterbat0r at May 23, 2010,
Quote by maXterbat0r
Hmm, just go with a quality of his and find a song about that. I'd look for something about prophecy, fate, or time travel, maybe.

I still think the phrase "Listen: Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time" is absolutely badass
Or this.

Ya, awesome way to 'start' a book. Thanks for your help.
Aha, no problem.

And that first chapter preamble thing was so grating. I don't care if your war buddy's wife is a passive aggressive bitch who hates you, I just wanna read a story
Quote by maXterbat0r

SOAD is you're answer dude... they have a song for that exact occasion no doubt
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Get some Acid-Rock then go all philosophical and mystic about it...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by K Dizzle
We're reading Vietnam books, and their were quite a few choices. Teacher made this a choice at the last minute, and I'm glad she did

Erm, what does Slaughterhouse-Five have to do with Vietnam other than the fact that there's war in it and it was written while the war was going on?
Quote by Holy Katana
Erm, what does Slaughterhouse-Five have to do with Vietnam other than the fact that there's war in it and it was written while the war was going on?

Nothing, lol. All the other ones were Vietnam (The Things We Carry, some book about Cambodia during the war, Johnny Got His Gun), but she threw this one in with them.
Quote by K Dizzle
Nothing, lol. All the other ones were Vietnam (The Things We Carry, some book about Cambodia during the war, Johnny Got His Gun), but she threw this one in with them.

Johnny Got His Gun is WWI. Although just about anything by Tim O'Brien, including The Things They Carried, is about Vietnam.
Quote by Holy Katana
You're reading Vonnegut for school? Damn, I wish my teachers were that cool.

I read it and wrote a paper on it in 11th grade. It was one of the options on our book list.

Anyway, here is a song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF798lzHTDg

Lyrics: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/They-Provide-The-Paint-For-The-Picture-Perfect-Masterpiece-That-You-Will-Paint-On-The-Insides-Of-Your-Eyelids-lyrics-Bandits-Of-The-Acoustic-Revolution/B710CF936A68612D48256E39000ACF9A

For some reason it was the first thing I thought of. I'm not sure why.