Page 1 of 3
Sometimes I feel like I'm a failure because I can never bring myself to do my homework when I should. I always put it off until I have to do it, that means right before class. I still get good grades, 3.5 average, but I feel like I don't deserve that. Especially the last week of school, I can't bring myself to write this essay. Am I the only one?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
its 11 here and i have 2 projects and 3 HW's due tomorrow and i still never started on any of them
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I never do any homework besides projects and essays. I make a 3.6 with college level math, English, and science classes

I'm almost on page 8 of an English paper right now.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Dude, I didn't do my 20 hours of community service that is due on friday. I am ****ed, but guess what. I'm a senior and I don't ****ing care anymore.
your not alone. I am a chronic procrasturbator (meaning I put off things I should be doing, and fill that time masturbating)
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

When I was in 8th grade I never did homework *ever*. Too bad it was like half my grade, so I failed twice then dropped out

Just do your damn homework, pussy.
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by Metallizach
your not alone. I am a chronic procrasturbator (meaning I put off things I should be doing, and fill that time masturbating)

I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by sticksause
Dude, I didn't do my 20 hours of community service that is due on friday. I am ****ed, but guess what. I'm a senior and I don't ****ing care anymore.

I'm going to be quite amused if they don't let you graduate.
Quote by lolmnt
If you think you are alone in not ever doing homework, then you need to get out more and talk to people lol.

90% of people don't do homework, or put it off 'till the last second.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I'm going to be quite amused if they don't let you graduate.

Why wouldn't they let me graduate. The community service is part of the last quarter. I got B's the past 3 quarters. Even if I fail this last quarter, I still pass for the whole year.
I did this all through school, did fine but my biggest regret is not applying myself and getting the best grades I could because when I went to University I had no idea how to study and completely tanked.
Just sack up and start revising and shooting for the highest possible mark you can now so you are in the right mind set when stuff starts getting difficult.

Edit: Course Work if you don't get in the mindset to do homework now you are going to crash and burn when coursework becomes graded and worth 40% of your mark.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at May 23, 2010,
Quote by sticksause
Why wouldn't they let me graduate. The community service is part of the last quarter. I got B's the past 3 quarters. Even if I fail this last quarter, I still pass for the whole year.

For a lot of places it's a graduation requirement, meaning it's not a part of your grades, but is still something the school wants done for you to get the diploma.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
For a lot of places it's a graduation requirement, meaning it's not a part of your grades, but is still something the school wants done for you to get the diploma.

The community service is part of my government class. It counts as my 4th quarter project.
The more I have, the less I do.

I think that's like a universal law or something. I'm avoiding a presentation, two physics assignments, four planning (ugh) assignments, and two French assignments, not to mention whatever else I'm forgetting, as we speak.
I didn't in high school and still got straight A's but if you plan on going to college....you should. Because I hate my life now that I don't really know how to study/do dedicated work. I went from a 4.3 in high school to a 3.0 in college. Ouch.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
ive never even brought anything home this year or last year. i just copied everyone elses before i turned it in last year but this year im too lazy to even copy so im just failing. i feel like i should care, but whatever.

im not gonna need homework when im touring japan in the biggest band in the world in 5 years right? i might be failing but i can still dream right?
Quote by sticksause
The community service is part of my government class. It counts as my 4th quarter project.

Well then have fun. You will look like a bit of an asshole, though.
Quote by lolmnt
I stopped doing homework my junior year, which was a good decision on my part because I'm no longer getting bad grades. I do projects but that is it, I just copy homework and do well on tests without studying. High school is a joke. Can't wait for college next year, should be fun times, and from what I've heard the college I'm going to is easier than the AP classes at my school.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
no. often times i know i have homework to do, but i just say **** it and waste my life on the computer
I have an essay I'm supposed to be writing right now, but I just can't bring myself to do it. There's no way I'll let myself just not get it done, but yeah. later.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well then have fun. You will look like a bit of an asshole, though.

Nobody actually does them though. For mine I signed it myself saying I did all 40 hours in one day, and I put that I cut Bruce Campbell's lawn. It was accepted without question.
i only do assignments, regular homework isn't worth the time IMO.

if you start failing maybe try doing it instead of being lazy though?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by lzcougarz3
no. often times i know i have homework to do, but i just say **** it and waste my life on the computer

lol exactly. why would you take time doing ****in math problems when you could be doing sumthing you enjoy like playing guitar?

high school is bullshit anyways. no one needs to take science or geometry unless theyr gonna be a scientist or a geometry teacher

and really you dont need reading/writing after 8th grade

gym and art are both pointless
I virtually did no homework from grade 6 to 12. I maintained around a 3.8 GPA on tests, classwork, and projects. On the other hand, if you seek recognition in school, you need to do homework. Had I done homework and been motivated throughout high school, I could have been sitting in the top 5 seats at my graduation last Saturday, instead I was sitting in the early 30s seats.

Looking forward to college though, which I hope (and assume) will be more intellectually stimulating than high school and offer more projects and essays, which I tend to be motivated to do, for homework, rather than just stupid repetitive problems as in high school, that becomes a situation of just doing work for the sake of doing work and not really learning anything.

It seems homework is largely in place to help the majority of students obtain a grasp on obscure topics they are introduced to in class. Certain students, such as myself (might sound egotist, but its true), can pick up complex concepts quickly and reflect an understanding of them on tests and don't need to waste time on meaningless problems to succeed.
Quote by rickyj
lol exactly. why would you take time doing ****in math problems when you could be doing sumthing you enjoy like playing guitar?

high school is bullshit anyways. no one needs to take science or geometry unless theyr gonna be a scientist or a geometry teacher

...sigh. You'll get far.
Quote by Piscasis
Nobody actually does them though. For mine I signed it myself saying I did all 40 hours in one day, and I put that I cut Bruce Campbell's lawn. It was accepted without question.

It's only 8 hours for me, so people actually do it
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Oh yeah we have to do community service to graduate unless you are in AP classes or some shit like that. Nobody does it anyway and they still graduate.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Yeah it's a 40 hour community service here and it is a graduation requirement here. I was astonished at the fact that I did 40 hours in a 24 hour day wasn't questioned, and that it was for cutting grass for a famous B list actor.
Quote by rickyj
lol exactly. why would you take time doing ****in math problems when you could be doing sumthing you enjoy like playing guitar?high school is bullshit anyways. no one needs to take science or geometry unless theyr gonna be a scientist or a geometry teacher

Irony? Make up your f*cking mind.
Quote by dubstar92
Oh yeah we have to do community service to graduate unless you are in AP classes or some shit like that. Nobody does it anyway and they still graduate.

Quote by Piscasis
Yeah it's a 40 hour community service here and it is a graduation requirement here. I was astonished at the fact that I did 40 hours in a 24 hour day wasn't questioned, and that it was for cutting grass for a famous B list actor.

Guess I just live in a town of honest people

Even though I still got paid for what I did >_>
Quote by EnemyWolf
Irony? Make up your f*cking mind.

It's called being an idiot.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by rickyj

Because you can do both, and be less of an ignorant in the process.
I hadn't done a homework assignment since Middle School aside from big projects. Graduated from highschool as top 15% of my class.

And when I say I hadn't done homework, I don't mean putting it off to the last second. I mean I don't do it, I don't rush to do it in class, I don't turn it in. And still graduated with an A and got a bunch of Scholarships.

But, big surprise, I get to University and I end up majorly ****ed because they actually expect you to work there. The assholes.
Quote by Seref
I hadn't done a homework assignment since Middle School aside from big projects. Graduated from highschool as top 15% of my class.

And when I say I hadn't done homework, I don't mean putting it off to the last second. I mean I don't do it, I don't rush to do it in class, I don't turn it in. And still graduated with an A and got a bunch of Scholarships.

But, big surprise, I get to University and I end up majorly ****ed because they actually expect you to work there. The assholes.

I don't see how you could possibly have a grip of 0's for homework assignments and get A's, no matter how good you do on tests. Most teachers in high school do around a 60%/40% weighted grading scale for tests and homework in that order.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by dubstar92
I don't see how you could possibly have a grip of 0's for homework assignments and get A's, no matter how good you do on tests. Most teachers in high school do around a 60%/40% weighted grading scale for tests and homework in that order.

60/40?

My school is usually 40 test, 20-30 quiz, 10-20 homework, and the rest "class participation" (free points, basically)
hahah man im getting A's in uni and i do everything just before its due
Page 1 of 3