I upgraded to a five string not too long ago for a few reasons. a) the price was a steal b) I wanted to to just try it out and c) to open up the songs I can play while tuning less.

I've tried B standard to BDADG to ADADG and back again but a couple weeks ago I decided to tune to drop (more like up) C and tuned the strings UP to CGC(FA, I haven't really incorporated these two strings yet) And I really love the way it sounds. The B up to a C sounds much better to my ears and rattles a whole lot less than the E tuned down to C. Plus I love playing in C

I just wanted to throw that out there to see if anybody else has done the same and to kind of feel like I'm not wasting any strings.
is it plausible to tune it to drop b like B F# B E G#? I am planning on getting a 5 string and wanted to know
I let you get away so cleanly.
I mainly tune in Standard guitar tunings. The only weird ones I do are Drop A (as AEADG (though accompanying guitar in AADGBe)), CFA#D#G#, and CFA#D#G. The last two are primarily for playing songs that are in Drop C, with the song determining the fate of the G string.

Play around with tunings, they are fun.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by pnkhrdwndr
is it plausible to tune it to drop b like B F# B E G#? I am planning on getting a 5 string and wanted to know

Yes, but I'd get either a very light set of strings or a 6 string set and chuck the E- I'd much rather tune A down to F# than tune E up to F# for example.
i've got my 5 string strung EADGC, essentially just a 6 string standard but without the low B
Shamone
Mine is in BEADG standard because my band plays in drop B, though I'm working on a solo album in AEADG.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I use GDGCF or GCGCF. I've used it with ADGCF or ACGCF.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
So much masturbation in this thread...

CGC- Normal

DGC- Hey Arnold

DGB- Hey Arnold with no legs and a huge sack...

I usually stay in standard btw...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by primusfan
i just play it either BEADG or tuned down a half step.

That.
I am me. Live with it.
One is BEADG and the other is EADGC (or sometimes detuned a half step)
Quote by 6stringbassist
I use GDGCF or GCGCF. I've used it with ADGCF or ACGCF.

I play ACGCF and Standard. Btw, what gauge you use for ACGCF?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10