Yes, I know that there is already a Lost thread, but a lot of people haven't seen the end yet, so this is one that we can discuss the ending, what we think happened, when did they ACTUALLY die, etc..

So, what did all of you take away from the ending?
Last edited by Epicbizzjizz at May 24, 2010,
Well, here's the main thing I took away from it, and I like it:
Despite all the twists, all the turns, all the near-death situations, all the mysticism, all the supernatural occurrences, the show was all about the characters, completely and definitively. And that's how it ended.
A bit different than I thought it would be, but all things considered it felt nice going down. I really had NO clue what to expect, it's been such a saga, haha.

I also loved the ending cut being the reverse of the opening cut in episode one. That was genius.
Who wrote the blood and water chapter anyway? Probably some surly dad, only child, thirty cats.
I didn't like the flashsideways conclusion. I was satisfied with the main story conclusion.
It was so fantastically delightful. But the one thing that really gets me is the reunion at the church with Hurley and Ben. How did they die after Jack but arrive before he did? And who was Jack's "son"?
Quote by jwd724
It was so fantastically delightful. But the one thing that really gets me is the reunion at the church with Hurley and Ben. How did they die after Jack but arrive before he did? And who was Jack's "son"?

It doesn't matter when they died. The "afterlife" is beyond time and started after all of their deaths.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I loved the ending, but I do have one question. Where was Walt and his dad in the end at the church?
So I'm guessing Ben is now the number 1..and that's why he didn't enter the church? Is that what that was about?

edit: nevermind. he's dead as well.
Last edited by rmr024 at May 24, 2010,
Quote by rmr024
So I'm guessing Ben is now the number 1..and that's why he didn't enter the church? Is that what that was about?

I thought everyone in the flash sideways was dead, so I assume he was dead too.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by mattman93
I thought everyone in the flash sideways was dead, so I assume he was dead too.
Oh yeah.... nevermind.
Quote by jwd724

I guess it makes sense why Locke told him that he doesn't have a son... still, I think I need time to put this all into perspective.
Quote by rmr024

He has to be dead, that's why he's there. I think he just doesn't feel like he belongs with that group. And the whole Hurley and Ben becoming Jacob and Richard thing was great.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by rtbsmgsmf
I loved the ending, but I do have one question. Where was Walt and his dad in the end at the church?

They answered this as far as Michael is concerned x_x
He's stuck roaming the island for eternity. Walt probably wasn't 'ready' to move on. Besides, if Michael wasn't in purgatory, it wouldn't have made sense if Walt was on the plane. He would've been in Sydney still with no reason to leave.
Guys I don't think what we think matters too much...you know why?

Because whatever happened happened.

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
Did anyone else think it was really sad that Charlotte never remembered Daniel?...... at least not yet?
Quote by rmr024
Did anyone else think it was really sad that Charlotte never remembered Daniel?...... at least not yet?

Yeah that was... odd to say the least.
Quote by rmr024

Was she in the church?

If not then I'm sure she will since remembering is part of moving on.
Quote by rtbsmgsmf

I think that since Walt and Michael weren't important to them that they didn't need to leave with them, because Jack's dad said that in the church were the people that were most important to him and he had to leave with them, or something to that effect.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by Skully12
I think that since Walt and Michael weren't important to them that they didn't need to leave with them, because Jack's dad said that in the church were the people that were most important to him and he had to leave with them, or something to that effect.

Michael is stuck wandering the island whispering and Walt got old.
Quote by rmr024

They were embracing in the church, and they sat down together, didn't they?
Unless I'm already remembering it wrong.
Who wrote the blood and water chapter anyway? Probably some surly dad, only child, thirty cats.
Quote by Macabre Lullaby
They were embracing in the church, and they sat down together, didn't they?
Unless I'm already remembering it wrong.

Really? I'll have to watch it again... but I distinctly made a note that he and Charlotte never had a "flash" moment together, although he looked at her longingly when they met before the concert because he DOES remember, but she just smiled politely as if she was meeting him for the first time. It was painful to watch actually.
I liked it
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I like what Matthew Fox said about people needing to find out how they died before they can move on. That in itself explains a lot coupled with what Kimmel said.
That was a terrible ending IMO. It seemed like they didn't have a way to wrap it up so they were like... uhh... they're all dead. Plus, it didn't explain why Walt wasn't there, or why Ben didn't come into the church. I would have thought that Ben would have felt more accepted by the group after helping save Desmond and being Hurley's "Richard" for most likely a very long time. Also, where was Richard? I haven't watched the Kimmel thing yet, so I don't know if that explains more, but I was incredibly disappointed with it.
I was incredibly disappointed. The writers obviously had no idea what was going on for quite a while, and just threw something together. The premise of them all being in purgatory or something in the alternate reality has way too many holes to be believable.

Honestly, I haven't really liked the show all that much since the first couple seasons, when it was more science-based, or at least science-fiction, rather than turning into mysticism and magic and religion. The finale (not to mention the last half of this season or so) encapsulated pretty much everything I disliked about the later seasons. Big letdown.
kill all humans
I never watched lost but I know the writer was known for not having definitive endings to his stories. Can someone just confirm something for me who is an avid lost fan? They all died in the plane crash and the island was their afterlife?
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
if you look closely, you can see the DHARMA logo on the side of the shark

you know- the one the show jumped?
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
I thought it was fantastic.

Lost was always about the characters, the mysteries were simply devices to push them forward.

It was always about the journey, not the end.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Lost was always about the characters, not the island.

The flash sideways was a meeting point in the afterlife, whatever you believe that to be. Notice behind Christian when he's talking to Jack the stain glass window with symbols from the 6 major faiths.

It was always about Jack accepting his fate. Everybody dies Jack just so desperately needed a purpose for his life, the island gave him that.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Honestly, I haven't really liked the show all that much since the first couple seasons
Same - I remember loving the first season then wishing it had ended there instead of introducing a second! I'm still intrigued about what happened though, they all died huh? What's that about?
They all died but not at the same time. The alternate timeline in the last season was sort of a purgatory... a place they could meet up after death. Some died before Jack, some after him, some of old age, some of other causes.

Everything that happened, happened.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"