y'all seen this film? i know most of us here are cynical, entropy advocates who probably knew most of this stuff already. but like the shit about bill gates? whoa. was not aware.

Sitting in a room that looks like a bunker, Ruppert briefly recounts his life including his parents' alleged ties to U.S. intelligence agencies and Ruppert’s own stint as an LAPD beat cop and then detective. Ruppert then summarizes current energy and economic issues, focusing mainly around the core concepts of peak oil and sustainable development. He also criticizes fiat money and alleges various conspiracy theories about CIA drug trafficking.

The bulk of the film present Ruppert making an array of predictions including social unrest, violence, population dislocation, and governmental collapses in the United States and throughout the world. He draws on the same news reports and data available to any Internet user, but he applies a unique interpretation -- “connecting the dots” as he calls it.

Smith periodically stops Ruppert to question his assumptions and provide a note of skepticism.

whether you believe him or not, he says some really interesting, creepy things. it's been described as an intellectual horror movie which i think is probably the best way to classify it.

you can find it on various internetz places.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
...i know most of us here are cynical, entropy advocates...

Taking into consideration the fact that the man in question has published ANYTHING on 9/11, I wouldn't be surprised if 'most of us' dismisses this film entirely.

I've never heard of it before this thread though so I might check it out sometime.
it actually ended on a pretty hopeful note.

if anyone wants a tl;dr of the movie:

start growing your own food in your own back yard with natural, whole non-agribusiness seeds. any rugged individuals are going to die; only communities/families will survive. the collapse is imminent.
#DTWD
Just watched the movie after your recomendation in another thread. Pretty interesting the concepts he proposed and somewhat terrifying at the same time

But, even he admitted that the human species has a chance to prevent it.

As a couple of reviews have said though, he does seem "batshit crazy".

It's hard to side with a man like that
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, you show her common sense. You show her your common sense hard. You shove your common sense down her throat. She's a naughty little thing and you need to beat some common sense all over her face.

^In regards to incest
Survivalism has been a horrormyth since the dawn of the cold war.
Quote by Metalology
You'll probably get some praise from people in as sad of a situation as you or maybe some laughs from people who enjoy your lame sense of humor.

lolwut

a blog that should be floating in the toilet. toiletfloater.blogspot.com
I found the part about Peak Oil pretty frightening. I don't agree 100% with everything this man says, but the fact is that nearly every single aspect of the global society depends on a non renewable resource that is currently becoming more and more expensive to extract and refine.

Best case scenario, we somehow find a way to make solar and wind energy substantially more efficient so that it can support our massive energy needs. Worst case scenario, everything goes to shit and we have the new dark ages in the 21st century. I think the reality will lie somewhere in between