every time i go to the record store i take a look at the jazz department.
but i never know what to take because i hear jazz on the radio. but i never know what the artist is . so can anyone recommend me some artist or groups with jazz that isn't instrumental.
isn't instrumental? erm. nina simone. ella fitzgerald. bessie smith. frank sinatra.

what's your problem with instrumental?
#DTWD
i love instrumental but i was just searching some stuff that isn't i never said i had a problem with it
Stuff with Al Jarreau is always good. He's won a few grammys and is pretty popular. He did a lot of work with Chick Correa. That's moving into more free jazzy, fusion stuff (1970s+) but I like it.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Jazz is a music genre that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Stuff with Al Jarreau is always good. He's won a few grammys and is pretty popular. He did a lot of work with Chick Correa. That's moving into more free jazzy, fusion stuff (1970s+) but I like it.

Al Jarreau is hilarious. Particularly his cover of "Spain".

Also, +1 on Benson.
haha i can't believe im saying this but...check out "Sleep Dirt" by Frank Zappa. its got some strange jazz numbers on there.
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Kurt Elling, Empirical, Nik Iles Trio, Joshua Redman, The Reign Of Kindo, Dean MaGraw, Grant Green, Martin Taylor, Django Reinhardt, Wes Montgomery, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Charles Mingus, Acoustic Ladyland, Birelli Langrene, Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, Bill Connors, Weather Report, Jaco Pastorius, Chick Corea, Marcus Miller, Bud Powell, Charlie Christian, Cannonball Adderly, Miles Davis (probably should have been first...), Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Guy Barker, Ian Shaw (and now a couple of unknowns), Dave Lyttle, Nick Morgan, Alex Mathhias, Phill Collins, (and we're back), Wayne Krantz, Allan Holdsworth, Julian Lage (he's brilliant), and finally, Pat Martino!

**** me that's a lot of jazz. Take your pick.... AH SHITE, Bill Evans too!