My whole life I have been plagued with a horrible memory, made worse from drug use. So my question is, does anyone have anyways to help them remember things for a long period of time.

I can usually remember things that are important to me or come up on a regular basis, but if I'm studying something that isn't normally used on a day to day basis, it's gone in a couple days.

Help?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Perhaps a constant study routine would help dude. To make study a regular basis, so to say.

If I try to remember something I usually question myself, and try to link it with all the other material that is relative to what I'm learning. Seems to help a bit.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
I take notes from what I'm reading. That reminds me, I should be revising. Stupid study leave during the hottest week of the year
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Funky_Fresh91
Perhaps a constant study routine would help dude. To make study a regular basis, so to say.

If I try to remember something I usually question myself, and try to link it with all the other material that is relative to what I'm learning. Seems to help a bit.

I study everyday, because it's for personal interest. I'm not in school at the moment.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Write down some key notes, copy them. Cover them up and write them from memory and repeat. Repeat, repeat. Then do the same for other notes. However, when writing them up the second time from memory, write the first ones up from memory as well. Again, repeat and continue the process with all you notes.

I have managed to remember an entire A4 sheet of writing in one night that way.
Quote by br33dlove
Write down some key notes, copy them. Cover them up and write them from memory and repeat. Repeat, repeat. Then do the same for other notes. However, when writing them up the second time from memory, write the first ones up from memory as well. Again, repeat and continue the process with all you notes.

I have managed to remember an entire A4 sheet of writing in one night that way.

Sounds like a damn good idea, thanks man/woman.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by The_Sophist
I study everyday, because it's for personal interest. I'm not in school at the moment.

Oh rightio. Well if your still having problems exercise can be a good thing. Go for a run.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by Funky_Fresh91
Oh rightio. Well if your still having problems exercise can be a good thing. Go for a run.

To help with memory?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by The_Sophist
To help with memory?

Excercise can help if you do it just after learning something, unlike if you were going to go straight onto the computer or watching tv.

Apparently it also helps if you learn things right before you go to sleep, or once you've just woken up.
I used to write out my lecture notes on top of the usual working through tutorial questions and worked examples, it's a bit time consuming so not something you'd do the night before an exam. The evening before the exam I would write out headings and talk through what I knew about each topic
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Depending on what you're studying, my advice (from experience, I got through my last year at school with a quarter of the average study time of most of my classmates, and got the same grades), is to memorise concepts, not words. Don't spend ages repeating "blah blah is blah blah and blah blah mixed together with blah blah and on a pointy stick", but try and learn the actual core information.
🙈 🙉 🙊