You know, normally, I am very skeptical of these music "supergroups"

Page 1 of 3
Could do without Portnoy, I feel his writing is a fair bit different to the other two, but Wilson and Akerfeldt writing together should be great, they really compliment each other.

Also, Shrinebuilder is the best supergroup
Last edited by Deplorable at May 24, 2010,
I eagerly await this.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
Yo xFilth I'm really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Atoms For Peace is one of the best supergroups of all time.

OF ALL TIME!
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
They had talked about this years ago. The problem was that the hype got way too huge and the three of them didn't think they could live up to the expectations.

So don't get your hopes too high TS. Although, I am definitely gonna be first in line to buy this as well.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Sounds like a proghead's "jizz in the pants" kinda of supergroup.
Sadly I'm not one, but I'll have to give a listen. I do like experimental music
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
this will be awesome.That is a fact xD
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by The_Casinator
Could be awesome.
Could be.
And oh, Shrinebuilder is an amazing supergroup too.

This guy gets it
members of my three favourite bands. Cant wait for this.

Nice that it's finally underway given that they have been talking about it for years.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
This sounds amazing. I missed the old Mike/Steve Wilson vocal harmonies.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
Fixed. >.>

We can only dream...
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by Deplorable
If only they'd get Daniel Gldenlow on vocals and songwriting, I would be bloody excited then.

Have you heard the Road Salt album? I certainly don't want him on songwriting D:

And tbh, I'd rather have Wilson and Åkerfeldt on vocals for this project
Quote by xFilth
Have you heard the Road Salt album? I certainly don't want him on songwriting D:

And tbh, I'd rather have Wilson and Åkerfeldt on vocals for this project

Road Salt is my album of the year

I understand if you don't like it though
Quote by Deplorable
Road Salt is my album of the year

I understand if you don't like it though

Hold it up against The Perfect Element, Remedy Lane or BE and say that again His vocals are spot on as always, though
But tbh, I couldn't imagine they would bring in another vocalist/guitarist... If they are going to tour, they would probably get a keyboardist and bassist? Speculate on that instead :P
Quote by xFilth
Hold it up against The Perfect Element, Remedy Lane or BE and say that again His vocals are spot on as always, though

Of course, they're all better... just (plus Entropia and OHBTCL), though it's far too hard for me to pick though I believe Road Salt's more simplistic/bluesy approach just allows for the songwriting to shine through, Gildenlow knows exactly how to craft a song and get it to exactly where he wants it to be.
Hmm, not so sure about Portnoy. I think his creativity peaked in the early 90s. Don't get me wrong, DT are one of my favourite bands, I just think there are better drummers around.

However, Wilson and Akerfeldt is truly a bonerific duo. In a totally non-gay, mega awesome way.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Call me a pessimist but I have a gut feeling this will fail.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Justin Chancellor on bass.

oshi

Quote by Sir Daniel

Hmm, not so sure about Portnoy. I think his creativity peaked in the early 90s. Don't get me wrong, DT are one of my favourite bands, I just think there are better drummers around.

However, Wilson and Akerfeldt is truly a bonerific duo. In a totally non-gay, mega awesome way.

The only drummer I could want more in this project is Gavin Harrison, but that's not happening
Last edited by xFilth at May 24, 2010,
I have a feeling that Akerfeldt and Wilson will write some really awesome, tasteful and melodic music, and then Portnoy will ruin it with his shitty, loud, Lars-Ulrich-playing-weird-time-signatures drum wanking.
This will be awesome, imo. Wonder what their 'line-up' will be, i assume Wilson + Akerfeldt guitars and all of them vocals, which I'm not so keen on, since I don't like Portnoy's voice or lyrics but he's a great drummer. And Wilson on keyboards.

Which leaves a spot for bassist (or at least live). Hmmmmmm...
as far as drummers go I would rather see Gavin Harrison. But him and SW already have worked together on plenty of occasions in and out of PT so I think this is for the best.

Listen to the Transatlantic albums. Some of Portnoy's best drumming is done outside of Dream Theater.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by leeb rocks
as far as drummers go I would rather see Gavin Harrison. But him and SW already have worked together on plenty of occasions in and out of PT so I think this is for the best.

Listen to the Transatlantic albums. Some of Portnoy's best drumming is done outside of Dream Theater.

Agreed
Page 1 of 3