My band The Screaming Gypsies are a three-piece alternative rock band from Wiltshire (UK). We've been recording on and off since we formed, and have recently recorded our first (completely) self produced track. Any thoughts/criticism would be greatly appreciated

Myspace - www.myspace.com/thescreaminggypsies

Youtube for our latest track - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3SGDD-xm1Q

Thanks a lot
Nice work, keep it going, the guitars sound awesome, not so sure about the singing though
Thanks Yeah i agree on the vocals, we couldnt find a singer so we just made do by sharing out the singing between us.
Quote by BenRaah
My band The Screaming Gypsies are a three-piece alternative rock band from Wiltshire (UK). We've been recording on and off since we formed, and have recently recorded our first (completely) self produced track. Any thoughts/criticism would be greatly appreciated

Myspace - www.myspace.com/thescreaminggypsies

Youtube for our latest track - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3SGDD-xm1Q

Thanks a lot

Hey man. First off cool band name

Sunken Vessels - Nice heavy riff, pulsating guitar and tight drumming. I'd agree with what the above people said about the vocals, but that being said they are in tune and having some different over the top like you guys are doing might cause people to take more notice. Overall man I like the song, I'd be willing to bet we've got similar music tastes.

Tear Me Down - Awesome intro. I'm big on offbeat drumming and this got my tapping along straight away. Good stopping and starting aswell as dynamics loud chorus, quiet verse, I like stuff like that, sounds like The Pixies doing something heavier. The middle part with the twin guitars and drum build up is the highlight for me, it sounds like its going over 9000.

Hairy Bear - Again nice guitar intro, a sort of creepy whispering intro then a loud into the verse guitar part. Violing guitar was a nice touch, not heard someone do that for a long time. It really works well. The backing vocals are pretty spooky, good touch, breaks up the song and leads into a cool breakdown part.

Overall man its fast, dynamic rock with good energy and catchy choruses. Hope this was a good crit.

Crit for Crit ?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1278435
Bro...that stuff sounds AWESOME..and very professional. I'm looking to do a home recording with my band and invest in recording gear. Could you please tell me what gear you used to get that sound quality on sunken vessels?
Sunken vessels is a very good song, catchy and got something special to it.
both on sunken vessels and tear me down, great guitars and drumming,
you sound pretty good! keep it up
First off, to rocknrollstar:

Thanks man, that was some helpfull feedback Im about to crit yours in a minute

Quote by burritosaregood
Bro...that stuff sounds AWESOME..and very professional. I'm looking to do a home recording with my band and invest in recording gear. Could you please tell me what gear you used to get that sound quality on sunken vessels?

Thanks. Well, we're lucky enough to have access to a macbook with Logic software on it. We used an M-Audio fast track USB interface for the mic inputs. I think the actual mics themselves are just a fairly cheap starter kit for drum micing. If you want any more specific details, then PM me and ill find out next time we practice

Quote by semus
Sunken vessels is a very good song, catchy and got something special to it.
both on sunken vessels and tear me down, great guitars and drumming,
you sound pretty good! keep it up

Thanks, much appreciated