If I ever get to play anywhere with my guitar, I would like to be prepared. In addition to some originals, I would like your feedback on the covers I know/I am learning, telling me which ones are your favorites. That will help me choose which ones to do, because you guys are normal here (right?).

Say it ain't so, weezer
breakeven, the script
good riddance, green day
i will follow you into the dark, death cab
interstate love song, stone temple pilots
Californication or Under the Bridge, RHCP
Friday I'm in Love, the cure
Same words different situation, athenaeum
black balloon or iris or acoustic #3, goo goo dolls
Better Be Home Soon, crowded house
21 guns, green day
whaddaya want from me, adam lambert
should I stay or should I go, the clash
she will be loved, maroon 5
gotten, slash w/ adam levine
you and me, lifehouse
wish you were here, pink floyd
the reason, hoobastank
You obviously like Green Day, please don't play Good Riddance. At least play something cool like Macy's Day Parade, Scattered, Words I might have ate etc.
Do you sing?

I've never heard wish you were here done well solo - though it's incredible with a really good tight band (aussie pink floyd = gods)

death cab = good choice
Both RHCP are classics, perhaps over done? Maybe try road trippin'
Oasis do some guaranteed crowd pleasers too
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
alright, thanks for the comments. And yes, I do sing to a decent level. I have either scar tissue, snow hey oh, or otherside waiting in the wings for RHCP (chords and riffs learnable). So if I choose not to do one of those, one of the three I just mentioned will be done. And I have been learning wish you were here and practicing for god knows how long. I think it'll be decent.

On the green day comment, everybody and their mom have asked me to do good riddance, because they know I can play it. I love the song, too, so it's a natural choice. I may replace 21 Guns with Macy's Day Parade, No One Knows, or Warning, though. 21 guns might be hard solo.
Porcupine Tree - Trains
Mumford And Sons - White Blank Page & Little Lion Man
Pearl Jam - Betterman
Nada Surf - Always Love
Anything by Flight Of The Conchords - Bowie, Business Time, Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room) etc. etc.

Whenever we have a barbie or general garden gathering, I take my guitar for some lulz. These songs always get played.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I hope you are singing too, otherwise it will be horrendously boring.

If you aren't singing, why not devote yourself and learn how to play solo arrangements on the guitar
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
I am singing, thankfully. people would kill me if I didn't. I did think about doing betterman by pearl jam cuz it's my favorite song by them. I look up some flight of the concords, maybe I'll like it.
Quote by GreenDayFan16
, because you guys are normal here (right?).

Wrong.

Say it ain't so, weezer
breakeven, the script
good riddance, green day
i will follow you into the dark, death cab

interstate love song, stone temple pilots
Californication or Under the Bridge, RHCP
Friday I'm in Love, the cure
Same words different situation, athenaeum
black balloon or iris or acoustic #3, goo goo dolls
Better Be Home Soon, crowded house
21 guns, green day
whaddaya want from me, adam lambert
should I stay or should I go, the clash
she will be loved, maroon 5
gotten, slash w/ adam levine
you and me, lifehouse
wish you were here, pink floyd
the reason, hoobastank

These
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by jhardcore
You obviously like Green Day, please don't play Good Riddance. At least play something cool like Macy's Day Parade, Scattered, Words I might have ate etc.

I would disagree with this
If theres going to be people there watching you they will want to sing along (I'm assuming this setlist is for when you got to parties). Don't play obscure shit as people will get bored of you quickly. PLay something everyone can sing along with ie songs everyone knows every lyric for

Anything from Warning, like Deadbeat Holiday, or Minority could be kinda fun. Sadly people want to hear something they'll recognise, so Good Riddance might be good to play.
wow......i didn't expect this many comments. thanks for all your input! this has begun to shape my setlist to a degree. I think I will play Good Riddance. Too good a song to pass up.