Hi guys. I was trying to play this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-zAMtGXXw by this tab http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/bad_brains/dont_bother_me_tab.htm and found hard to change chords on this part
e|----------|
B|----------|
G|-----12----|
D|-10-12-13-|
A|-10-10-13-|
E|--8-------11-|
I allways stop the guitar sound when i have to change to that second chord on higher strings.. So maybe you could give some advices on fast power chords changing? Like using different fingering or something? Or should i just practise using the same shape of fingering all the time?
Thanks
Last edited by Laimonel at May 24, 2010,
Just practice it at a slower speed over and over until you can do it. Other than that just check that your technique isn't terribly flawed and you should be fine
Inhuman evil take down!
well, if you wanna make it easier try tuning you guitar to drop d so you can do a one finger power chord, so... once you tune you guitar to drop d all you need to do is...

e|--------------|
B|--------------|
G|-----12------|
D|-10-12-13-|
A|-10-10-13-|
D|-10-----13-|

yeah it ain't much of a difference but i do think this is easier lol...
Quote by DeadSoloist
lol i have all the practice standing up when I used to play guitar hero 24/7 :P

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't care if you're joking or not.

Just no.

Ditch the octave to start with and just play the root and fifth. Then play the first power chord with your index and ring finger or index and middle (if you have big enough hands). Play the second power chord with your ring finger and pinky, then play the third power chord with your index and ring finger again. You'll only have one position shift that way instead of two.
Quote by baldguitardude
Ditch the octave to start with and just play the root and fifth. Then play the first power chord with your index and ring finger or index and middle (if you have big enough hands). Play the second power chord with your ring finger and pinky, then play the third power chord with your index and ring finger again. You'll only have one position shift that way instead of two.

Yea, i was looking for this kinda advice. Thanks man, really helped!
And thanks for all the other guys for help, i appreciate that : )
Last edited by Laimonel at May 24, 2010,