I've been thinking recently... My peavey is a arse to carry up and down the road for when I'm jamming due to its size and I dont really need its extensive effects and features really. I'm also starting to yawn to the sort of SS sound that comes out of it. Its not really what I'm going for.

Would it be more beneficial to sell my peavey amp and get a 5W Tube amp and get a pedal set going? Would my sound be better or would you stay put?
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by jfreyvogel
It would probably sound better but be less versatile. You could always just keep the Peavey and save up for a little longer to buy the 5w tube amp to have in addition to your current gear.

Or, save up a bit more, sell your Peavey, and buy some other tube amp, more powerful than 5 watts. (Depends on your needs, of course.)
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Well, I tend to play alot of hard rock and all the little 5W's I've looked at give more that vintage crunch, but I guess with a pedal they could scream.

I'm not that great with money lately, I only would need the 5W. The only time I use it is in the bedroom and my other guitarists bedroom for when we jam.

I was looking at the Blackstar HT-5 but its over my price budget.
I Like Orange......

You migh try a Vibro or Super Champ XD. They have a real tube power amp, have simplistic usable effects, lots of good models, and portable.
if your local (Lincolnshire UK) and determined on this course of action let me know as im planning on picking up a vypyr and sanpera pedal on friday.

appologies if this sort of post isnt alloud let me know and ill remove
Proud owner of Paul Allander PRS styled - Shamray CS-1985
CS-1985 Pics
Quote by gtanny
if your local (Lincolnshire UK) and determined on this course of action let me know as im planning on picking up a vypyr and sanpera pedal on friday.

appologies if this sort of post isnt alloud let me know and ill remove

Sheffield UK. Also, I use the Sanpera I. 170/180 for both?

Also, anyone got any amp suggestions?
I Like Orange......

a small tube amp + pedals will probably be more of a hassle than your vypyr 30 in my opinion.
Well just one OD pedal?
My peavey is a big bastard and takes up most of the space in my room.

Would it be an improvement in sound?
I Like Orange......