put little bits in a can and keep the can under your bed

stop spending money on little sh*t like gum, fast food and junk

write down what you have saved and keep a spreadsheet. You'll be pleased with the math and it'll drive you to save more.
Don't bother saving just find a local Loan Shark
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Don't spend it as much. It's called being frugal.

Everyone treats themselves once in a while but you just gotta learn your boundaries.

My dad always used to tell me: ''Think, do I really NEED this? Do I absolutely NEED this, is this an absolute necessity? No? Then don't buy it.''
Give your money to me and I will invest it for you.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Also try a TFSA. That is if your bank has that option. It's an easy way to help you if you need it later on.
Don't buy weed

seriously, it gets expensive
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
I have a foolproof tip to both lose weight and save your earnings - don't eat your money.
Quote by TheBurningFish
"OH GOD OH GOD MUM MUM I PISSED MILK OH MY GOD OH MY GOD "

Something like that. All the while, his pants are still about his ankles and his semi erect sausage drips on the carpet as he runs around like a headless chicken...
don't keep finding less expensive guitars you just have to buy. Stay away from craigslist... so. hard.........
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Only use cash, no cards. Always use the largest bill you have no matter how small the purchase and put all the resulting coins and singles into a can. You cant spend any coins or singles.

The money builds up very fast, although you don't notice it as much since it's all low denomination.
Quote by jfreyvogel
Only use cash, no cards. Always use the largest bill you have no matter how small the purchase and put all the resulting coins and singles into a can. You cant spend any coins or singles.

The money builds up very fast, although you don't notice it as much since it's all low denomination.

:O

am now trying this from here on out.
has a terrible signature.
I'm wanting a guitar around the same price but I've just spent £150 on festival tickets. I'm usually pretty good at saving. Maybe I should get a job, hmmmm.
Quote by jfreyvogel

this is actually a very, very good idea. you'll be tricking yourself into thinking "oh it's not that much", when you're actually putting probably 4 times as much as you think you are into the can.
You don't need to spend that much to have a good guitar.

But if you are still going to, well just work on your self control, or open a savings account in case your keeping it all in cash or something, that will make it easier since it wont be right in front of you physically.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
hey guys, thanks for the replies.
jfreyvogel, as Coreysmonster said thats a fantastic idea. unless i decide not to break intosaid notes in the first place ahah
Mistress_Ibanez its more of a saving to the top end of my budget. then splurge on whatever guitar i see fit XD a plan so stupid its foolproof.

right now i work contracted 17.5 hours a week, on 5.80ph
leaving me with. usually. £406 a month ( from my experience its usally around the 490 mark.)
i pay out. 70 to bank, 50 to pc, 120 to parents.
so thats 166. approx.
this month i need. ( as in really do need) some t shirts. so thats 2 @ £20.
146. i owe mum 15 for house season 5. 131
i owe dad 30 for valves
i was planning on getting the mxr 10 band eq this month.
i reckon i shall only get that pedal if i have at least £100 remaining ( i did a few exta hours a few weeks ago, im talking 25-30 hrs a week) do you think getting the pedal is wise?

as time goes on, my outgoings should clear up leaving more for the saving kitty.
and i think i should givemyself a allowance for certain items a month. say £10 for credit ( if needed) and 15-20 for essentials, razors, spray, clothes if needed.
and save the rest

do you think this plan is sound?
I still dont see how you need to spend that much on a guitar.
Sure, save like the other people told you.
But for that much money, you could get a guitar that chances are sounds the same.
If not, an amp that sounds like it was touched by god himself.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by psorgatz
Don't buy weed

seriously, it gets expensive

False. You can still have your weed, if you know how to save your money.

Saving money isn't rocket science. You can still buy everything you want, if you know how to manage your money.

Quote by Lespauljames
hey guys, thanks for the replies.
jfreyvogel, as Coreysmonster said thats a fantastic idea. unless i decide not to break intosaid notes in the first place ahah
Mistress_Ibanez its more of a saving to the top end of my budget. then splurge on whatever guitar i see fit XD a plan so stupid its foolproof.

right now i work contracted 17.5 hours a week, on 5.80ph
leaving me with. usually. £406 a month ( from my experience its usally around the 490 mark.)
i pay out. 70 to bank, 50 to pc, 120 to parents.
so thats 166. approx.
this month i need. ( as in really do need) some t shirts. so thats 2 @ £20.
146. i owe mum 15 for house season 5. 131
i owe dad 30 for valves
i was planning on getting the mxr 10 band eq this month.
i reckon i shall only get that pedal if i have at least £100 remaining ( i did a few exta hours a few weeks ago, im talking 25-30 hrs a week) do you think getting the pedal is wise?

as time goes on, my outgoings should clear up leaving more for the saving kitty.
and i think i should givemyself a allowance for certain items a month. say £10 for credit ( if needed) and 15-20 for essentials, razors, spray, clothes if needed.
and save the rest

do you think this plan is sound?

Why are you wondering how to save your money? Pay off all the people you owe, THEN start thinking about how to save your money. As long as you owe people, you won't be able to get the most out of your money.
Quote by Lespauljames
Fassa wow what a pricetag. is that a " if i win the lottery " thing or a real goal?

Very much a real goal. I'm hoping to get some money gigging to go towards it.
It works wonders for me to not carry money. I put everything I get in an envelope and only pull from it when I absolutely need to. Pretty much what others have said, except the not carry money part.
"If you can hum it, you can play it!"

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP: LTD M-10
Marshall MD10CD
Because I'm a cheap bastard, I put $0.01 in my normal savings account so I don't get charged for an empty account, and I take every cent of my bi-weekly paycheque to put it in an untouchable account. I can't withdraw cash from it unless I go ScotiaBank itself, and if I go on vacation or I want to order something nice like a guitar, that's when I go on down and whip out usually everything I have. Then I start back at square one with one cent. Works pretty good if you ask me.
It looks like this online:
Quote by jfreyvogel

thats what I do, I save a good bit of money that way
ive found that most of the money i blow is either on fast food or video games. a bit of weed here and there.

but yeah, i fail at saving money also, so i can relate to your issue.