Hi.

I was searching Les Pauls and I saw a Condor CLP2S, a chinese guitar made by Condor, a Brasilian company. The wood is Nato and I'm very curious about this wood.

- The Natowood is a good wood for make a Les Paul guitar?

- This wood have sustain like mahogany?

- The sound is similar to mahogany?

Thanks.
Nato is an asian type of mahogany. it's not as desireable as african or south american species of mahagany. BC Rich uses it for some of their guitars. you could do worse. although it's never really mentioned i would guess that may Epiphone guitars are made of this as well.
Thanks man, here in Brazil some people say that Epiphone Standard is Natowood, but...

A question, do you recommend me this guitar in Natowood or a Cort M600 in Mahogany, considering only the wood.

Thanks one more time.
Nato can be called mahogany, so the Cort might be Nato too.
Nato's a decent wood that's well suited for guitar building (and... uhh... railroad ties too...) it's just not a prestigious material.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
All guitars (the majority) in this price are made of Nato?

The Nato sound have more treble or bass than Mahogany? Or the type of sound produced by the Nato is quite similar to Mahogany?

Thanks.
Last edited by rockzera at May 24, 2010,
Quote by rockzera
All guitars (the majority) in this price are made of Nato?

The Nato sound have more treble or bass than Mahogany? Or the type of sound produced by the Nato is quite similar to Mahogany?

Thanks.

there are over 20 varieties of wood that fall into the mahogany catagory. it's not cut and dry at all, nato is a species of mahogany. most guitar makers just say mahogany for wood type and fail to mention what variety is used. to further complicate things some makers use agathis which has been called poor mans mahogany but actually isn't a species of mahogany. bottom line is that cheaper guitars tend to use cheaper wood. sometimes you get a great sounding guitar and sometimes you don't. best bet play them beforeyou buy them.