Hey everyone!
Just registered some minutes ago, but i'm a big fan for a long time of this wonderful site! Congratulations.

I wanted to ask you, the experts, what do you have to say about the new 2010 Ibanez Guitars...
I'm interested in
Ibanez S770FM » ht*p://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page10.php?area_id=3&data_id=524&color=CL01&year=2010&cat_id=1&series_id=362

OR

Ibanez RGA72TQM » ht*p://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RGA72TQM

What do you have to say?
Are they good guitars? Can you suggest one? I only have 650€ to spend (560£

My style of music is Rock Music.
Love Muse, Franz Ferdinand, Radiohead and Interpol..

Cumps!
Both are great guitars and both trems are good,however the ZR is great.The edge is a good trem but it must be perfect for it to work right and knife edges are pretty soft,wear rather quickly.Ibanez guitars are great players and both would be good but I would go for the 770 for the killer ZR
Quote by MaidenFrieak71
Both are great guitars and both trems are good,however the ZR is great.The edge is a good trem but it must be perfect for it to work right and knife edges are pretty soft,wear rather quickly.Ibanez guitars are great players and both would be good but I would go for the 770 for the killer ZR

the egde along with the low pro,edge pro and the ZR2(and some ede zeros)are miles better than the ZR,but the ZR is way better than any TRS or Edge III
Thanks for the reply's!

Hmm... Do you guys thing that the S770FM it's for the type of music that i'm looking for? That sound from Muse, radiohead style...
I'm thinking in a future buying new pickups only if i'm not satisfied

Cumps
Quote by archenemyfan
the egde along with the low pro,edge pro and the ZR2(and some ede zeros)are miles better than the ZR,but the ZR is way better than any TRS or Edge III

A bit off topic but I have to disagree with the TRS part.. the TRS 1 on my RGR450 is my favorite trem, it has better flutter than the Original Edge and Edge LoPro on my JEMs. It has a screw in bar which means you can't keep spinning it but that also means it's more solid and the edge style "arm holder nut" never comes loose. TRS 2 is the shoddy one. It seems to be a common misconception to assume TRS 1 is bad because of how bad the TRS 2 is.

Totally agree with the rest of your post though.
Quote by archenemyfan

This may be true but I have a edge 3 and two zr equiped Ibanez's and have no issues with eaither trem .I prefer the zr though.I have heard great things about the low pro's but haven't played one.
Quote by van01010100
A bit off topic but I have to disagree with the TRS part.. the TRS 1 on my RGR450 is my favorite trem, it has better flutter than the Original Edge and Edge LoPro on my JEMs. It has a screw in bar which means you can't keep spinning it but that also means it's more solid and the edge style "arm holder nut" never comes loose. TRS 2 is the shoddy one. It seems to be a common misconception to assume TRS 1 is bad because of how bad the TRS 2 is.

oh well the TRS 1 might be very good but I've only owned a TRS II and didnt like it at all..

anyway thanks for pointing it out
Last edited by archenemyfan at May 24, 2010,
No intention on thread jacking, but how does the edge pro II rank on the list of ibanez trems?
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by IbanezRGS
No intention on thread jacking, but how does the edge pro II rank on the list of ibanez trems?

mmm..as far as I know,below their prestige trems and somewhere around the edge III or ZR?cant be so sure as I've never owned a guitar with a edge pro II
Hmmm..
After reading some review, I think tha i'm goig to choose the s770FM

Cumps
Quote by emsete
Hmmm..
After reading some review, I think tha i'm goig to choose the s770FM

Cumps

well isn't that what everyone suggested?

dont entirely depend on reviews though,many reviews that give 10 out of 10 and/or highly praise the guitar cannot be trusted..go and play both,but the s770 is slightly better because of the ZR
Quote by van01010100

Lol, the TRS II is my favorite trem out of all the trems I've used so far.

I think the lesson to be learned here today is subjectivity.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Lol, the TRS II is my favorite trem out of all the trems I've used so far.

I think the lesson to be learned here today is subjectivity.

well depends on what other trems you've used so far....
Quote by archenemyfan
well depends on what other trems you've used so far....

Schecter OFR, LTD LFR, Jackson LFR, Ibanez Edge III.

I like the OFR and the LTD LFR a lot too, and I use my LTD a hell of a lot more than my Ibanez (my RG320 has the Lo TRS II), but it's not a bad trem. It works just as well, and that's with 7 years of wear on it. I just honestly can't see why they're bashed so much.

To be completely honest, the reason I prefer it is because it's much more responsive - though that may be due to the fact that it's 7 years old. the slightest touch makes it flutter, and I love that. It always comes back to tune though, every time.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Schecter OFR, LTD LFR, Jackson LFR, Ibanez Edge III.

schecters have korean OFR's not the schaller ones.no offense but all the trems you've mentioned here are inferior to the original edge,lo pro,edge pro and the ZR2.....
I'm not saying that they are bad,but just not as good as the latter(materials,tuners and other small parts,studs etc.)

feel is entirely subjective though
Quote by archenemyfan
schecters have korean OFR's not the schaller ones.no offense but all the trems you've mentioned here are inferior to the original edge,lo pro,edge pro and the ZR2.....

Maybe you're right.

Theoretically, I don't think so, but only time will tell. I still have a lot to try out.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by archenemyfan

Korean OFR's are just as good as the Schaller ones (possibly better, there has been a bit of a QC problem at Schaller's factory).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have an AMF73 which is an artcore and i am totally obsessed with it.