Hey guys! Not so long ago I started using the ear trainer on musictheory.net (I've mainly focused on the interval ear trainer, but this question concerns all of them). My question is what the most effective way to use this trainer is? As in, should I focus on a couple of intervals at a time or should I just do them all at once? Also should I take it one direction at a time (up/down) and one play mode at a time (as in played separately or at the same time)?

Atm I focus on a couple of intervals (3-4) at a time and play it in both direction and the mode where it first plays it one note after the other then both simultaneously. I feel that if I have all notes "enabled" there's a lot of guessing, but what do I know...

Thankful for answers
//Muffinz
the way you're doing it is probably best. learn them a few at a time.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Ditto to what AW said, but make sure to work up to whole scales and, eventually, all 12 notes. Also, make sure your working on chords and scales as well as intervals. Rhythmic ear training could also help, and for that I recommend GNU Solfege. Google it.
Okay, nice that I'm doing it "right"! Also I'll check out that, beatles.
One more thing, would it be a good idea to try and find the notes and intervals on my guitar while ear training?
Quote by Muffinz
Okay, nice that I'm doing it "right"! Also I'll check out that, beatles.
One more thing, would it be a good idea to try and find the notes and intervals on my guitar while ear training?

of course. what can you do if you hear a minor seventh, but don't know how to apply it? not much, i'd guess.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
So, your question's pretty much been answered, but.....

Try learning piano. Being able to see the keys in front of you and hear the relationship of the intervals/chords helps a lot. Plus it makes a more well-rounded musician
GEAR
'92 Mesa Mark IV
Rivera Knucklehead II
Ibanez ART300
Washburn X50PROFE
Ibanez AEG20E
Martin DXK2
Of course you can try any thing you want, Basically our purpose is to learn the guitar at the best way and according to me a person should do everything he want, Because of that he can be expert in all the different situations. Try something new with your training.