I have a fender telecaster original, it has taken a beating over the years, lately i've seen a lot of people using telecasters for just about every genre of music. The kind that I am interested in uses light to medium distortion and clean settings. Anyway im thinking of fixing it up (neck adjustments, new pickups, because the stock pickups are really weak ).

I want to know peoples opinions of telecasters, how they sound (i use a jcm 900 amp), and what genres you think they would be best for.

Also, tell me if you think a beat up original tele that was purchased for about 250 (used) is worth fixing.
Teles are awesome man

though I would definitely support you on changing the pickups , but only on the neck , the stock neck pickups are so wimpy

they are so versatile and 100% worth what you are planning on doing with it

it will be perfectly suited to the application you have in mind.
Looking for bandmates , jamming partners in Aberdeen , Scotland , pm please.

09 MIA Tele
Ridgewood LP Custom Copy

Marshall MG30FX
Blackstar HT-Dual
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Telecaster Original? Do you mean one of the old 50's teles? If so don't mess with that thing! Or ar least don't touch the pickup wires yet; up until '56 or '57, telecasters were wired so the neck position had a capacitor to make it sound like the tone was at 0. Gave it a great sound in position 2. But try removing the capacitor before replacing the pickups if this is an original 50's tele!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
obviously, the telecaster of known for the twangy sound it gives, thats why its mainly used for blues, jazz, and that kind of stuff. and some rock.

IMO, Telecasters are great guitars depending on the price range
Quote by necrosis1193
Telecaster Original? Do you mean one of the old 50's teles? If so don't mess with that thing! Or ar least don't touch the pickup wires yet; up until '56 or '57, telecasters were wired so the neck position had a capacitor to make it sound like the tone was at 0. Gave it a great sound in position 2. But try removing the capacitor before replacing the pickups if this is an original 50's tele!

What I meant to say was Fender Telecaster Standard, not original