Hi there, figured I may as well make a thread about my band, One Bright Day (coincidentally, today is a very bright day indeed). As far as the slew of genres in the title of the thread, we kinda are that. We initially set out to be a hard rock band, but most of the members are more into the metal- side of things/ tone, and we've included breakdowns and such in some songs, and I try to mix it up with every other influence, so we cover a few bases in a sense.

Right now we don't have any recorded material we'd like to put up yet- just some demos (if you want those, I can supply them to you though), since we're going to wait to let most people hear something more professional. For now though, if you happen to live near our area, you can catch a live show of ours in our area. We're from Pittsfield, MA. (REAL western Massachusetts, none of that Amherst stuff)

Hope you catch us soon!

EDIT: More recent stuff on our Reverbnation page here:
http://www.reverbnation.com/onebrightday

Facebook page here
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Dec 15, 2011,
Update! We have posted a song on our Myspace, and we have one up on a Reverbnation profile here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/#/onebrightday

For those of you who may actually be in the area of Pittsfield, Massachusetts/ western Mass or Eastern NY, we have a show this Sunday with Ska bands Survay Says, Lamp Attack, stoner rock Demo, A French Love Affair supplying the indie, and Hulk Smash! The venue is the store in my signature, or PM me for more details.
Quote by JDizzle787
Update! We have posted a song on our Myspace, and we have one up on a Reverbnation profile here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/#/onebrightday

For those of you who may actually be in the area of Pittsfield, Massachusetts/ western Mass or Eastern NY, we have a show this Sunday with Ska bands Survay Says, Lamp Attack, stoner rock Demo, A French Love Affair supplying the indie, and Hulk Smash! The venue is the store in my signature, or PM me for more details.

wow thats really cool, love the power with the vocal and guitar melodies!

great timing by the way, i'd love to hear more in the future
Hey there again! I'm here to let you guys know about our bittersweet next show. It's going to be at the place in my signature, Rebel Sound Records in Pittsfield MA. However, it will be it's LAST show ever...

We got the honors (yeah, honors... Star F**king Hipsters, 1.6 Band, Screaming Females, + over 300 different bands from all around the world have all played here at this small, small venue) of playing the last show along with many other local bands as a final go at it.

If you've heard of the place, PM'd me for interest or what have you, or jsut are interested, check it out. It will be a blast on 11/26/10, at about 7 PM.

No $ amount has been determined. I will update that and other details once I know for anyone interested.
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Oct 18, 2010,
Quote by ForeverInUtero
hey! gave your band i listen and i like the sound you guys are going for. keep me updated with new recordings and such

Will do! You might like the fact that our singer wears his influences on his sleeve, with a love for Cobain and Alice in Chains.
Quote by merriman44
Pretty damn good for a demo brudda. Keep it coming and try to get some higher quality recordings. The drums cymbals overpower the rest of the mix. Rock on!

Check out my band and see tell us what you think brudda.

Thanks a lot man! it was all recorded into one H2 zoom recorder, with the best balance we could get in our drummer's basement.

And for any comments on the solo, I'm completely responsible, and willing to say it sucks since I went between a concrete version and improvised every other phrase

For anyone reading this who has any clue about the record store in my sig closing, the complete line-up for the all local show is as follows: One Bright Day (us), Warsynium (MA Jazz Metal, link my sig), Surviving Kenney (CT Post- Hardcore), The Dance Cancer (MA Jam Rock), Pruf (MA punk), This Name's Taken (MA Metalcore), They Themselves (MA electro-pop punk), and The Heisman Hopefuls (MA [?] Pop-Punk). It's on November 26th, for 7$ or more, sliding scale for donations to the store, and as always, all ages. PM me if you truly are interested! I'd be glad to know if anyone from here came!
Two things: another band added to the show, being Take One Car, and we still have a relatively new recording on our myspace, link in sig, and a brand new demo on our UG profile here: http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/onebrightday/ . It's our longest and probably most mature effort, so check it and our other, more complete song on our myspace/reverbnation out! comments and criticisms very welcome!
Haven't been down here in a while. Well, I don't have anything new for songs to show (I could put up a new demo but not everyone in the band is 100% on it. If you guys really wanna hear I might put it up), but the news is more about our next show coming up! We'll be opening up next Sunday for these guys! (and girl):http://www.dollyrots.com/

The link to the event on facebook is in my sig. I'm actually really excited about everything right now, since this is probably the most popular band we're going to play a show with!

I've also been trying to find everywhere I can to get us shows, and the only other taker is a restaurant in town that we just barely jumped on a show in June for. I wasn't sure how we'd be received, but it's encouraging to see someone else promote my band! (even if it's just a facebook comment)

We're making our first steps to recording our first EP, so I'll try to keep this space fresh!
Hey there, long time no see. Screw that demo^, we have some newer stuff more recently recorded for your earholes on our reverbnation:
http://www.reverbnation.com/onebrightday

Also, we're trying to put together a weekend tour of sorts, but have so far run out of options for venues. If anyone has any info on any spots in the northeast US we should check out, PM me!