View poll results: Which One?
Jackson RR3
15 47%
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
7 22%
ESP LTD MH-327
10 31%
Voters: 32.
alright i got 3 guitar options and im getting around to trying them all about but im just looking for some opinions on which one you guys think is the best for me, your opinion will not make me buy or not buy a certain guitar but it might have an influence on me.

i play metal mostly thrash and i do a lot of soloing too. im looking for a guitar than can hold up to some intense soloing and riffage and can also get me laid and make me more popular

the first option is a Jackson RR3
the second option is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom (possible pickup switching)
and the third is the ESP LTD MH-327 (27 frets!)

thanks!
i would go with the jackson. i feel it is the best choice because i have not played one RR3 i havent liked. The second choice would be the ESP, i love esp guitars and my next purchase will be an ec 1000. the epiphone is also a good choice but i would recommend putting in different pickups and then having the guitar professionally setup by a pro. I only say this because i have owned 3 epi les paul customs and each one i had to have worked on to achieve what i wanted with the guitar.
they are good guitars but i feel the quality of the jackson and esp/ltd's are much better for the money.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by thrashaholic666
can hold up to some intense soloing and riffage and can also get me laid and make me more popular

the first option is a Jackson RR3
the second option is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom (possible pickup switching)
and the third is the ESP LTD MH-327 (27 frets!)

thanks!

That shouldn't be your actual reason for wanting to play, but to each his own i guess.

So you're comparing an Japanese Jackson to a Chinese Epi to a (Chinese or Indonesian) LTD?

Unless you cover music from bands with guitarists who have 27 fret guitars you'll never need more than 24 (which both the Jackson and the Epi don't have) Honestly I can only name two bands that have 27 fret guitars Angra and Galneryus. And I bet you've never even heard of the latter. Also I still have yet to see both bands make any use out of them in any of their songs. (Although I'm not so sure about Angra yet)

Now the Epi will need a lot of taking care of. That's not to say the Jackson wouldn't but honestly I've been taking good care of my Epi, but the frets have some serious wear now and the soldering inside was pure sh*t. You'd need to get the whole thing resolderd if you're getting new pups. Although before upgrading your pups you may want a new amp (depending on what you have already)

Also they have entirely different feels to boot!
The jackson has a really slim neck where the LP is just fat.
You need to check them out to see what you want.
You don't seem to have a narrowed down list. You have a standard metal guitar, a guitar not really meant for metal but you could argue it both ways and a baritone guitar.

If you have never played a baritone guitar i would suggest trying one before you commit. Same applies to the shape of the RR3, it's too odd a shape to just wing it and see how it goes.

If you want the best guitar for metal out of that list it would be the RR3. Honestly i don't think you have looked into it and i don't think you are looking to buy a new guitar at the moment for that reason.

Guitars which would be good for metal around the same price:

Ibanez S770PB-NTF
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/86228

Ibanez MBM-2
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/79425

ESP LTD EC-401
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/80902

Jackson DK2 Dinky
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dk-2/10964

Jackson DKMG
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dk-mg/1259
Quote by Shabalaba
You don't seem to have a narrowed down list. You have a standard metal guitar, a guitar not really meant for metal but you could argue it both ways and a baritone guitar.

If you have never played a baritone guitar i would suggest trying one before you commit. Same applies to the shape of the RR3, it's too odd a shape to just wing it and see how it goes.

If you want the best guitar for metal out of that list it would be the RR3. Honestly i don't think you have looked into it and i don't think you are looking to buy a new guitar at the moment for that reason.

Guitars which would be good for metal around the same price:

Ibanez S770PB-NTF
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/86228

Ibanez MBM-2
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/79425

ESP LTD EC-401
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/80902

Jackson DK2 Dinky
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dk-2/10964

Jackson DKMG
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dk-mg/1259

which guitar is a baritone? none of the ones on my list are. also i dont need you to suggest anymore, i have already made up my mind on these three, its just a matter of chosing one of the three
None of them are baritone.

But he is right about the fact that they are all different.
Have you tried any of the guitars here?
I'd go with the RR3 out of those three. The MH's extra three frets aren't going to help much for thrash(unless maybe you're going into drop-tuning, in which case you could use a capo and then switch from E Standard to D Standard or whatever without having to tune while keeping your extra frets), and I've had nothing but bad experiences with Epiphones(muddy, muddy, MUDDY pickups, horrid for hi-gain metal). Plus, Jacksons seem to be great-quality guitars for thrash, judging from the amount of people using them. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by thrashaholic666
i sty in E standard and i dont downtune at all. does that mean i dont get the esp?

Oh, nah, that was just a suggestion. If you don't downtune you'll just have more high notes, but even then, a good deal of bands only use 22 and if it's above that it's almost always just 23 or 24. And in all honesty I don't see anything above the 20th fret to be of much use unless you're just going really high for the sake of going really high...XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Quote by siverstorm
That shouldn't be your actual reason for wanting to play, but to each his own i guess.

So you're comparing an Japanese Jackson to a Chinese Epi to a (Chinese or Indonesian) LTD?

Unless you cover music from bands with guitarists who have 27 fret guitars you'll never need more than 24 (which both the Jackson and the Epi don't have) Honestly I can only name two bands that have 27 fret guitars Angra and Galneryus. And I bet you've never even heard of the latter. Also I still have yet to see both bands make any use out of them in any of their songs. (Although I'm not so sure about Angra yet)

Now the Epi will need a lot of taking care of. That's not to say the Jackson wouldn't but honestly I've been taking good care of my Epi, but the frets have some serious wear now and the soldering inside was pure sh*t. You'd need to get the whole thing resolderd if you're getting new pups. Although before upgrading your pups you may want a new amp (depending on what you have already)

Also they have entirely different feels to boot!
The jackson has a really slim neck where the LP is just fat.
You need to check them out to see what you want.

Soz for going offtopic, but Galneryus is awesome! And yeh, you're right about Syu using a 27 fret, but I don't think he actually goes past the 24th in any of his songs?
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Enix165
Oh, nah, that was just a suggestion. If you don't downtune you'll just have more high notes, but even then, a good deal of bands only use 22 and if it's above that it's almost always just 23 or 24. And in all honesty I don't see anything above the 20th fret to be of much use unless you're just going really high for the sake of going really high...XD

but someone said that guitar will get me laid
Quote by thrashaholic666

In my humble opinion I think Superstrats are horribly unoriginal and Rhoads Vs, MLs and Explorers are the kind of guitars I'd tap(in both senses...*teehee*), but I suppose it might...all up to you lookswise, man. =P If you play good you'll get laid no problem. XD 'Course, studded leather jackets always help too.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Quote by thrashaholic666

I'm starting to think you're just picking a guitar based on nothing but looks. You did it before in that "recommend my a guitar" thread you made and deleted a while back.

If this is your only reasoning behind getting a guitar I seriously question your resolve to even want to play the damn thing.
Quote by siverstorm
I'm starting to think you're just picking a guitar based on nothing but looks. You did it before in that "recommend my a guitar" thread you made and deleted a while back.

If this is your only reasoning behind getting a guitar I seriously question your resolve to even want to play the damn thing.

I'm actually starting to think this is a rather succesful troll...
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Gego
Soz for going offtopic, but Galneryus is awesome! And yeh, you're right about Syu using a 27 fret, but I don't think he actually goes past the 24th in any of his songs?

Galneryus is without a doubt my favorite band, they have been ever since I found them 3 years ago.

Quote by Gego
I'm actually starting to think this is a rather succesful troll...

Yea lol I wish he didn't delete his last thread it was hilarious.

He didn't want a Jackson Dinky for the sole reason that it was named Dinky.