hI
I AM IN TROUBLE BECAUSE MY GUITAR HAS JUST SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING!!!
i was trying to tune it and there was suddenly no noise coming out of it through the amp
i have had the guitar apart but cant find the problem
i have got a concert on thursday and i have only the one guitar
i am in france so now it is10.15 p.m so i won't be able to see our replies till the morning
but please if any one can help me i would be most grateful.
thanks
joe.m
Quote by joe.m
hI
I AM IN TROUBLE BECAUSE MY GUITAR HAS JUST SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING!!!
i was trying to tune it and there was suddenly no noise coming out of it through the amp
i have had the guitar apart but cant find the problem
i have got a concert on thursday and i have only the one guitar
i am in france so now it is10.15 p.m so i won't be able to see our replies till the morning
but please if any one can help me i would be most grateful.
thanks
joe.m

It could be anything:
Bad cable
Bad jack plug on either the guitar or amp
Bad tube in your amp
Wiring problem
Blown fuse

Just to name a few, you'll need to give more information if you want somebody to help you properly.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Not expecially helpfull.

Are you sure it isnt your amp/cable.

Unlpugg your guitar touch the end of the cable see if you get loud hum when you touch it. That way you can single out the amp as not being the problem.

Its most likely to be the wiring from the input jack/plug if it is the guitar, open up the guitar check for lose wiring if you notice any, put it back where it goes resolder. Its easy to do.
Electric guitars are basically circuit boards. So the problem is electrical; Loose contact, soldering broken off, crossed wires... But get a mates guitar and try it through your gear -first- to eliminate the possability of it being your stack.