no, it wont work..

Guitar building has to be very precise when it comes to the neck..the scale length and fret size must be straight on or the notes will be off. Unless you actually build a body specifically designed for bass guitar and also designed to look like a strat you will be wastin time.
Quote by Zayrank
no, it wont work..

Guitar building has to be very precise when it comes to the neck..the scale length and fret size must be straight on or the notes will be off. Unless you actually build a body specifically designed for bass guitar and also designed to look like a strat you will be wastin time.

Im not building the neck. I want to put a bass neck that i buy (from warmoth or somethin) onto a normal guitar body. I can move the bridge around as I will be filling the old bridge holes with wood filler.
any thing that as to do with the neck must be spot on...on a bass guitar the distance form the nut to the bridge is much further than the distance form the nut to the bridge on a guitar. part of the reason basses have larger bodes is for more room to place the bridge..to do this modification you would have to remove the bridge and cut another hole further down on he guitar body (if there is enough space).
You'd also need a different bridge and different pickups...
buy a cheap bass instead of an expensive warmoth neck, a bass bridge and bass pickups.
Quote by Zayrank
any thing that as to do with the neck must be spot on...on a bass guitar the distance form the nut to the bridge is much further than the distance form the nut to the bridge on a guitar. part of the reason basses have larger bodes is for more room to place the bridge..to do this modification you would have to remove the bridge and cut another hole further down on he guitar body (if there is enough space).

Thats what my last message said i was going to do im just wondering if the back plate ans screw holes are the same.
To answer your question no. they are different to deal with the higher stored energy in bass strings
Last edited by EFGuitar at May 24, 2010,