Poll: Worth of it? (in dollars)
Poll Options
View poll results: Worth of it? (in dollars)
100-200
7 54%
200-300
3 23%
300-400
2 15%
400-500
1 8%
Voters: 13.
So, i started with a (shudder) Rogue LX205B. A 5 string 120$ bass. I then painted it with magnetic paint (you can put magnets on it!!!). I got a 100$ Fender Bass Neck on it. I put a 40$ passive EMG pickup in it and put wood filler where the J-bass pickup was because i wan't going to use it. I put new potentiometers and knobs (20$) on it. I put new tuners on it (80$). I put new flat wound strings on it (60$). I put a new bridge on it (80$).

The only original thing on this is the body. How much would it be worth if I sold it??
I wonder.... doesn't the magnetic paint mess with the pickups/attract the strings?

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
ok... Im not done with all of this... yet.. I'll make a new thread when it's done and i download pics from my phone to computer... thanks for the suggestion
Quote by numinis
I wonder.... doesn't the magnetic paint mess with the pickups/attract the strings?

Nope. It's actually magnetic primer. It goes under the paint but i tested it first and no it doesn't mess with the pickups... Its a cool idea though. I got the primer at micheals i think... I tested first in case though..
I have a Rogue LX205B, and mine is a great bass to play. The weighting is nice (No neck-dive), the neck is a good comfortable thickness, the bridge feels like a decent quality piece, the tuners are accurate enough and don't slip any, it holds a tune well, the strings are spaced tightly, so its neck is about as narrow as a normal 4 string, and I've been able to get the action way down without buzzing. Its only downfall is its pickups. It sounds like ass with the stock pickups.

But, none of that matters when you're trying to sell a guitar. In the end, I doubt you'll be able to get more than $100 for it. With the Fender neck on it, you have a shot at $150, but I still doubt you will get more than $100 for it.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Im interested, upload pics. If youre wanting to sell it, dont be afraid to shoot me a PM.
used market is a bitch dude. what you have is a "DIY project guitar" I don't care what ou have into it or how amaing it plays. its a DIY thing and no one will buy it for anything near what its worth
no sir away a papaya war is on
You started with a $120 bass, be suprised if you even see that back TBH.

People dont care for modded stuff, especially when the original was cheap.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by DuctTapeNinja
I have a Rogue LX205B, and mine is a great bass to play. The weighting is nice (No neck-dive), the neck is a good comfortable thickness, the bridge feels like a decent quality piece, the tuners are accurate enough and don't slip any, it holds a tune well, the strings are spaced tightly, so its neck is about as narrow as a normal 4 string, and I've been able to get the action way down without buzzing. Its only downfall is its pickups. It sounds like ass with the stock pickups.

But, none of that matters when you're trying to sell a guitar. In the end, I doubt you'll be able to get more than $100 for it. With the Fender neck on it, you have a shot at $150, but I still doubt you will get more than $100 for it.

Yes but half the frets are dead frets and the pickups sound terrible... Also the strings it came with suck
Last edited by salgala2000 at May 25, 2010,
Thanks... This is my first DIY project so thanks for the advice...
RHCP FRITZ: When i finish it I'll PM you

i guess if i can't get enough i will keep it. I better finish it quick... I miss playing bass