whats your favorites?

looking for some inspiration for a project but i mainly listen to Explosions which dont have bassist i think?
Quote by FionnRuadh
Justin Chancellor from Tool. He's deadly.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo

Also I just discovered this band and the bass tone is sexy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efsm6aJPybg&playnext_from=TL&videos=c0jlAg6kT98

why post two videos to bands that arn't even post rock?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
yeah tool and porcupine tree arent post rock

and thanks Giaco, just listen to songs for out fathers, never heard that before
Seconding Mogwai.

However, if you want to make good post-rock it's has to be original, so don't try and imitate anyone else's playing style. In post-rock there's plenty of room for you to just be yourself.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Songs for our Father by Explosions in the Sky is one of the quintessential basslines to learn (it sounded amazing live when i saw them last year), and I'd have to say the bassline in Summer by Mogwai is also pretty awesome even though it's pretty simple.
Quote by shinhoman
why post two videos to bands that arn't even post rock?

my thoughts exactly
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Look into the Air - Explosions in the Sky is possibly one of my favourite bass parts ever.
Also, Glisoli - Sigur Ros, Black Path - Aereogramme, Like Herod - Mogwai...
Strangers Dance
Side-By-Side
To Feel
Something Close
To Love
But I Don't
Feel Warm Tonight.
God Is An Astronaut are fantastic (as are PT, but as mentioned earlier, they're not post-rock).
Mogwai does have good basslines, Maybeshewill's are fairly simple, Ratatat are a bit more electronic but damn that's good bass. This Will Destroy you are fairly standard tbh, but it's an example of post-rock bass in action. 65daysofstatic are immense in every way, last time I saw them live the basssist broke his E string, threw the bass to his tech across the stage, and caught a new one. BAMF.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by thegiaco2112
Olsen Olsen by SIgur Ros

this, and ny batteri are also really awesome.