I was reading one of the things on PGS about Andy's gear and he says that he makes a mod to all of his guitars he calls a "treble bleed" so that when he rolls of his volume knob, the high end isn't lost at all.

Will I need a special pot for this, or can I just crack her open and do a little soldering job?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
that sounds like a really cool idea.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
All you need to do is solder a capacitor between the two lugs of the pot used for the input and the output. Different values of capacitor have more or less of an effect, it depends on the guitar and personal preference what value you use. Look around on the internet and there are lots of sites with different advised values for different guitars. Try a few and see what works for you.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Lugs? Do you mean the tabs that you solder the wires to?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Yup, solder a small cap like o.001 uf or something.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Basically you're just putting a hi-pass filter on the pot wipers, similar to what they did with old Marshalls.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by beckyjc
Little soldering job, solder a 1nf/2nF cap across lugs 1 and 2 on the volume pot,

someone's been hanging around with the tech geeks in the 'who to listen to...' thread, or have you always been electronically knowledgeable.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
So...what kind of cap do you guys suggest? I know nothing (compared to the knowledgeable people here, but I guess more than the average person) about electronic equipment. Are these things something I could get at like a Radioshack?

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Yeah, any standard non polarized ceramic/tantalum/polyester cap would do.

Ceramics usually what is used though. Looks like below.

You could get orange drops if you wanted to be fancy. But it wont make much difference really.

More than likely for you to find em at radio shack.
Quote by beckyjc
Yeah, any standard non polarized ceramic/tantalum/polyester cap would do.

Ceramics usually what is used though. Looks like below.

You could get orange drops if you wanted to be fancy. But it wont make much difference really.

More than likely for you to find em at radio shack.

Tantalums are polarised. Otherwise you got it right.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I messed up the treble bleed on mine - accidentally put in a 0.01 microfarad cap instead of a 0.001 one. Now the volume pot has become a Bass pot (0 cuts bass, 10 is full bass.) I actually sometimes really do like it: it lets me dial in my neck tone perfectly. But I will be switching it back the first chance I get because I do want my volume back.
Quote by josephde
I've played a lot of Koreans that were just horrible.

An excellent example of unintended racism.
So really any 0.001 microfarad capacitor would do it? I just need to know what color/numbers to look for when I get the opportunity to go to Radioshack.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees