Page 1 of 2
My band parted ways with one of our guitarists a little while back. He hadn't been putting forth any effort to improve his playing and learn songs. He would just sit there during practice and many times asked me for the chords in the middle of a song live. It was supposed to be purely professional. No friendships broken, nothing personal.

Then things got out of hand.

He got really defensive and begged for his spot back into the band. He insulted our lead singer/rhythm guitarist and cut off their friendship. He took it all very personally, getting really down on himself and very very defensive. Since then, very little contact has been made with him. About a week ago, he posted a facebook status saying he was looking for a guitarist, drummer, and maybe keyboardist for a band, which we all heartily lol'd at.

The whole issue had been dormant until a few days ago. He sent our bassist and lead singer a message on facebook. He said how we owed him money. He wasn't able to be at a few shows we played due to various conflicts, and he expected payment. None of us at the moment are getting any profit from this band besides a meal here and there. He also expects compensation for us using his truck to travel while he was in the band.

tl;dr: We kicked out our guitarist and now he wants us to pay him and is going way too far...but you should seriously read the whole thing.

So Pit, discuss. We don't think we owe him anything..what should we do?
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
I guess you could kick him in the face.

Or you know, talk to him?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
I guess you could kick him in the face.

Or you know, talk to him?

We've tried talking to him and being reasonable, but he gets so defensive and emotional. :\
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
no you dont
hes an ass
just ignore him
he cant do anything
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Well I wouldnt worry about it,

he has no legal rights over you, not only this but if he has severed contact with you guys just block him on facebook?

or if worst comes to worse give him a tenner and just say that its petrol money for the lifts?

Also dont be dicks about him wanting to start a new band, why shouldnt he?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Moon him and ignore him. Eventually he'll grow up (hopefully).

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

even if you did owe him anything he wouldnt be able to do anything about it. a judge would laugh in his face if he asked to sue you for 20 bucks, a hamburger and gas money.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Well I wouldnt worry about it,

he has no legal rights over you, not only this but if he has severed contact with you guys just block him on facebook?

or if worst comes to worse give him a tenner and just say that its petrol money for the lifts?

Also dont be dicks about him wanting to start a new band, why shouldnt he?

It just feels like he's trying to start one to try to get back at us. The whole reason we parted ways with him was that he had other priorities and wasn't putting forth effort.
TABBERS WANTED
There's not exactly much you can do. he's got no legal right to any money, so don't give him any. Just ignore the guy, or if he gets up in your grill and physical, kick his ass.
You used his truck.

Gas isn't cheap.

Pay the ass and be done with it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Quote by JRib1216
It just feels like he's trying to start one to try to get back at us. The whole reason we parted ways with him was that he had other priorities and wasn't putting forth effort.

Or because he enjoyed playing in a band?

Hence why he was so desperate to get back with you guys?

Anyway,

give the guy some gas money, apologise and be done with it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by JRib1216
It just feels like he's trying to start one to try to get back at us.

If that's true, and you let it bother you, he wins.
If it's not true, and you let it bother you, he wins.
If it's true and you ignore it, you win.
If it's not true and you ignore it, everyone wins.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by necrosis1193
You used his truck.

Gas isn't cheap.

Pay the ass and be done with it.

haha that's probably what we'll do..even though we payed for the gas we used while traveling with it.. :\ he wants us to pay because of the miles we put on it....
TABBERS WANTED
Quote by JRib1216
haha that's probably what we'll do..even though we payed for the gas we used while traveling with it.. :\ he wants us to pay because of the miles we put on it....

Dude wat? Did you take a cross-country trip or something? Because if he's bitching about a hundred miles or two tell him to cut back on his trips to the store and he'll make it back up.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Well, how many miles was it? If it was maybe 100 at most, he's being a dick. If it was a thousand or so you ought to pay up, because that basically cuts resale in half.

Also how much does he want?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Who decides to drive a gas guzzling truck to gigs, really?
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
ya thats crazy he wants compensation for shows he never played for...

he can join my band lol, I wanted to try and get out but they are taking my "I will play until you can get another guy going" too lightly and put it on the back burner after a week of looking... They make good money, but he has to learn 50+ songs

but seriously, just explain they only compensation he would deserve is fuel and thats if you never put any in his truck... other wise if you are all going to the same gig - why would it be an issue?
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Your ex-bandmate seems to be an idiot. I wouldn't take this issue seriously. Those reasons he mentioned are not even sufficient for him to sue you.

BTW, TS what is the guy's name in your avatar?? I've seen him paint the most awesome pictures but I can't remember his name..
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Eruption1991
BTW, TS what is the guy's name in your avatar?? I've seen him paint the most awesome pictures but I can't remember his name..

Dude, you don't know remember Bob Ross's name?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by necrosis1193
Well, how many miles was it? If it was maybe 100 at most, he's being a dick. If it was a thousand or so you ought to pay up, because that basically cuts resale in half.

Also how much does he want?

It wasnt that many at all..not sure how much he wants, i didn't get the message he sent out, it only went to our bassist and lead singer. He just said we owe him money. Oh and another thing, he started our band's facebook page so now we can't remove him as an admin...
TABBERS WANTED
Quote by BigBigWater

+1

And, besides... Its not like you made him drive at gunpoint.
Quote by JRib1216
It wasnt that many at all..not sure how much he wants, i didn't get the message he sent out, it only went to our bassist and lead singer. He just said we owe him money. Oh and another thing, he started our band's facebook page so now we can't remove him as an admin...

Start another page. Change your name if you need to, it worked for Jefferson Airplane... Kind of...
Tell him you're not going to pay him a cent. Report the facebook page if he won't get off it. He's bluffing - he has no bargaining power.
Quote by BigBigWater

We just needed something to haul our system across the state :\
TABBERS WANTED
Quote by Kanthras
Dude, you don't know remember Bob Ross's name?

Thanks man, that guy is a fucking legend.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Whomp him.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ The aeroplane
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ flies high, turns
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ left, looks right.
Quote by necrosis1193

maybe if you want the gas payed you have to tell before people come with you? i dont grab a pair of friends , drive a thousand miles and then "hey guys, time to pay"
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
If he was the one carting you guys around, he needs compensation for petrol/gas at least. I mean, you should be asking for at least petrol/gas money from venues, the stuff doesn't come free. Never assume you're going to be given a free ride every time you play a gig.
If you've already paid gas money, I don't see what he wants.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by JRib1216
It just feels like he's trying to start one to try to get back at us.

That's how Megadeth started, your friend could be on to something...

OT: lol, nah

Maybe pay him for gas, but other than that, you don't owe him shit.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Don't give him anything.

There was no agreement between any of you that you had to compensate him for anything nor would anything be broken if he was to be ejected from the band.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
ah so this is what happens when 16 yr olds make a band.
Quote by Metalology
You'll probably get some praise from people in as sad of a situation as you or maybe some laughs from people who enjoy your lame sense of humor.

lolwut

a blog that should be floating in the toilet. toiletfloater.blogspot.com
Write a whole concept album about his mum, and invite him to a gig where you play the whole thing.
You don't owe him anything. If he is your friend, he will know that. Don't worry about him trying to sue you.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Band leading thread
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Page 1 of 2