Isn't it the same old guitar but with different finish?
Good price btw...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

It's the non prestige version of his sig.
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Quote by hminh87
Isn't it the same old guitar but with different finish?
Good price btw...

yea lol the thread title was actually my reaction when i saw it. its a platinum blonde finish but it looks like its flamed maple
Yea the main difference is the edge, this one is the Edge III which kinda sucks because i'm a fan of the Edge pro and the ZR in Ibanez guitars
this one just so happens to be the exact spec i want :P by shere coincidence!
Quote by SilverRock113
Yea the main difference is the edge, this one is the Edge III which kinda sucks because i'm a fan of the Edge pro and the ZR in Ibanez guitars

Yeh, if it wasn't for the edge i'd consider buying it as a backup guitar sometime:p The pickups are different too though but that ain't too bad since pickups can be changed=) (Allthough those in the prestige egen are made specifically for that guitar so you won't be able to get those exact pickups)

PS. I think they put in the Edge III because the Egen prestige has an Edge-Zero, so they basically took the "downgraded" version for the lower budget egen :p
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Last edited by Gego at May 24, 2010,
wow, that thing looks amazing. would be cool to see some non-stock photos of their natural flame maple tops.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
So according to GC, Herman plays an 800 dollar guitar....hmm, weird.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Well, heres another fact, it also has the handgrip and the extended cutaway like on the EGEN18 model
Quote by BrokenDstring

It is a sig guitar of him, on the workshop I went to with Herman Li he had 3 guitars there. The first Egen ever made (his main guitar), the egen prestige sig guitar and this one. He ony used that first Egen ever made though:p My guess is he doesn't actually play this unless it's as a backup, or if Ibanez asks him nicely:p
My gear:

Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Quote by SilverRock113
Heres the EGEN8 on the Ibanez Website if you're curious about it
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-EGEN8

Maybe I'm missing something, but that neck doesn't look scalopped at all?
My gear:

Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Gego
Maybe I'm missing something, but that neck doesn't look scalopped at all?
I'm not really sure why so many people are having a hard time reconciling the fact that a lower end signature model won't have the same specs sheet as it's considerably more expensive 'big-brother.'
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I'm not really sure why so many people are having a hard time reconciling the fact that a lower end signature model won't have the same specs sheet as it's considerably more expensive 'big-brother.'

Thing is though, they market the scaloping as an Egen trademark, might fool people into believing ANY Egen has that scaloping.
My gear:

Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Gego
It is a sig guitar of him, on the workshop I went to with Herman Li he had 3 guitars there. The first Egen ever made (his main guitar), the egen prestige sig guitar and this one. He ony used that first Egen ever made though:p My guess is he doesn't actually play this unless it's as a backup, or if Ibanez asks him nicely:p

I was NOT being sarcastic.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
If i buy it, will I be able to play through the fire and the flames.
thats probably the only reason someone would buy it. lol cuz thats the only song most people know
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by BrokenDstring

Yea And Slash plays an Epiphone!

Quote by jonathan666666
If i buy it, will I be able to play through the fire and the flames.

ON EXPERT !!!!
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.