Guys this will be my last comparison for buying a guitar! Fender telecaster 72 Mexico ($800) and Lite Ash Korean ($500). (got the pic of lite ash here)

I'm buying one of these on saturday, I've tried them both , and felt them both. Love the sound, love the neck, and everything. But I cant buy both lol.
which one would you rather choose? for playability. coz I've heard that the lite ash is a high quality fender despite its korean made. but telecaster deluxe is also nice coz it has 2 vol and 2 tone plus humbucker pick ups. Yet lite ash has single coil seymour duncan alnico pro 2s. My band play almost every kind of music.

I've already got Ibanez RG320, Fender Stratocaster American Traditional, and Radix Luks with SD sh14-sh1

ahh dillema!!
please help me choose.. THANK YOU!
Attachments:
lite ash.jpg
Last edited by dhenia182 at May 24, 2010,
I'd say it depends on whether you want humbuckers or single coils.

If you want twang, go for the Lite Ash.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by beckyjc
Lite Ash, great gutiar for the money, theyre discontinued and worth quite a bit now.

And the 72 sucks.

thank u , i'll consider it
For the amount of money you are willing to spend i would find a USED G&L asat or bluesboy ............ MIM/MIA fenders cant compare !!!!!
Quote by dhenia182
I love playing emo punk rock.. can lite ash do it?

it could. what bands? you might actually be better off going with the ash and putting a single-sized tele humbucker in the bridge. i know the guitar player from The Cab uses a Dimarzio single-sized Super Distortion in the bridge of his guitar.

the 72 has some small QC issues, and can be very heavy. the one i played kept having the high E string getting caught on the pickup and sticking there (really annoying) and i've seen a few who's bridges were mounted off-center. lite ash gets my vote
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Lite Ash,

Korean Fenders are awesome and you would be able to sell that for profit in a few years.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
gah, not crazy about either.
the lite ash is still about 8lbs, little heavy for my liking.

but my 72 was more awful (neck dive, weak pups) so i returned it even tho it was $425.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
guys you've been very helpful . especially about the 72 issue, now I don't think I wanna buy the MIM Deluxe...
Definately the Lite Ash. A Tele with humbuckers isn't a Tele and the Lite Ash's are fantastic. $500 is a great price for one. Buy it.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
it could. what bands? you might actually be better off going with the ash and putting a single-sized tele humbucker in the bridge. i know the guitar player from The Cab uses a Dimarzio single-sized Super Distortion in the bridge of his guitar.

the 72 has some small QC issues, and can be very heavy. the one i played kept having the high E string getting caught on the pickup and sticking there (really annoying) and i've seen a few who's bridges were mounted off-center. lite ash gets my vote

bands are like finch, paramore (i know they use fender 72), death cab for cutie, the academy is, and some funk rock like red hot chili peppers.
Quote by yellowv
Definately the Lite Ash. A Tele with humbuckers isn't a Tele and the Lite Ash's are fantastic. $500 is a great price for one. Buy it.

love this!
Quote by dhenia182
bands are like finch, paramore (i know they use fender 72), death cab for cutie, the academy is, and some funk rock like red hot chili peppers.

Brand New, Angels and Airwaves, VersaEmerge, Dashboard Confessionals
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
I JUST BOUGHT THE LITE ASH!!!
guys this guitar really worth the money! the finish is perfect and the sound is fat and twangy. thank you for helping me choose. this bold fender really rawr!
who said a tele cant rock? :p
Congrats!!!!!!!! HNGD !!!!!!

Im glad your happy with your purchace !!!!

Rock ON

Now post some clips :-P
Quote by beckyjc
And the 72 sucks.
How dare you! Mine's lovely
404: Sig not found.
i will post some pics of it first.. maybe later post some video on youtube
I'm on honeymoon phase with this limited lite ash. I bought it in Indonesia by the way. do you still have it in your country?
Quote by ChrisN
How dare you! Mine's lovely

is your deluxe 72 Tele made in mexico?
my new lite ash..when I select the switch to the neck , it sounds like the bridge of deluxe 72 MIM! haha