I'm messing around with new tunings and I want to make sure I've got this right before I go on practicing scales this way.
Do scales in any open tuning still follow the WWHWWWH for the major scale?

I did a search but didn't find anything about scales in open tunings.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Yes. The notes and intervals of the scale don't change, just their positions on the fretboard do.
Of course. Any tuning of any instrument. (If there are enough notes on it, of course.) You might want to look into scales a bit more. You haven't got quite the concept of what a scale actually is, I reckon. There are great articles here on UG that can help you.
Quote by sickman411
Of course. Any tuning of any instrument. (If there are enough notes on it, of course.)

This.
Basically, if you ever find yourself in front of another instrument other that the one or ones you play, and you're just eager to make music with it, just ask someone to tell you were C is, how to play a whole tone and a semitone on it, and go with the flow!
Not that that's possible in every instrument lol
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
You wither, and die. I am eternal, the pinnacle of evolution and existence. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Kurai.
Quote by sickman411
Of course. Any tuning of any instrument. (If there are enough notes on it, of course.) You might want to look into scales a bit more. You haven't got quite the concept of what a scale actually is, I reckon. There are great articles here on UG that can help you.

You're entirely right about me not completely grasping what a scale is. I've never seen anyone talk about scales in open tunings before just in standard tunings(G# standard, etc. in case I have the name wrong.). I don't have too much time to devote to theory every day so I just do what I can to get a concept in my head and work with what I already know; it's either read theory or play most of the time I have to practice so I choose play.

Thanks a lot guys.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!