So far, I only have two pedals on my Pedaltrain Jr. Board and I'm looking for other pedals I would like to use, and also to fill the space. I have a DOD FX60 Stereo Chorus pedal from the early 80's but the pots are scratchy and the quality of it overall is kind of bad. So help me, GG&A, what chorus pedal should I get? I'm hoping for it to be $150 and under.

Some chorus tones I like:

- "Creep" by Radiohead

- "Under the Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

- "Fall to Pieces" by Velvet Revolver

All ideas are welcome!
Squier Strat => Fulltone OCD => MXR Phase 90 => Boss DD-3 => Fender Blues Jr.
Check out the MXR Micro Chorus, and the Small Clone by EHX. Maybe the Electric Mistress?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Small Clone would be awful for those three, far too deep sounding.

I'll probably be selling my Analogman Clone relatively soon for the same reason - it's just not bright and shimmery enough.

Sounds like you want something in the vein of a Boss CE-2, since I see you already own a DOD pedal and don't like it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at May 24, 2010,
dunlop Cry Baby Wah Wah.... not a chorus pedal obviously, but definately an essential for a slash "Fall 2 Pieces" solo
EHX small clone. it would not be too deep, it has a depth switch which when down is very subtle. it can range everywhere from almost innoticable shimmer to vibrato/leslie sounds. which is very suprising with one knob and a switch :] but its all analog, and probably the only analog chorus under 100 dollars.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Quote by mcraddict81592
Check out the MXR Micro Chorus, and the Small Clone by EHX. Maybe the Electric Mistress?

I'll be sure to try these, I've always wondered about the Electric Mistress.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Small Clone would be awful for those three, far too deep sounding.

I'll probably be selling my Analogman Clone relatively soon for the same reason - it's just not bright and shimmery enough.

Sounds like you want something in the vein of a Boss CE-2, since I see you already own a DOD pedal and don't like it.

Hm, Boss CE-2? Might be hard to get my hands out, but I'll try.

Quote by KingHenrik1967
dunlop Cry Baby Wah Wah.... not a chorus pedal obviously, but definately an essential for a slash "Fall 2 Pieces" solo

I haven't been a huge fan of my Cry Baby, I'm actually thinking of rebuilding the circuit inside the case for something better sounding.
Squier Strat => Fulltone OCD => MXR Phase 90 => Boss DD-3 => Fender Blues Jr.
Well, you don't have to get a CE-2, but something similar to it sonically.

They're very bright and swirly, which is the sort of sound you appear to be going for.

I think ModTone did a takeoff on the CE-2 circuit called the Aqua Chorus. You could try looking there.

If eBay is an option there are frequently Taiwan CE-2s that go for under $70.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Sounds like you play with electronics a bit. There are CE-2 kits available you know? Why buy when you can build I always say.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification