im looking to buy a new amp to replace my spider valve 112(flame shield activated!) and i was looking at either the peavey 6505+ or the bugera 6262

i hear the 6262 is just a cheap unreliable ripoff of the 6505 with a better clean. but for the price of the 6505 i could buy 2 6262's and just leave one in my closet until the other breaks down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGEl35E5kvM&feature=related
this tone sounds amazing to me although tis hard to tell with the youtube quality.

i found the 6262 head online for $550
gc price for the 6505+ is $1200

your thoughts?

also a recommendation on a good cab would be nice.
Used 5150s go for about $500.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
it isn't a cheap unreliable ripoff.

the reliability is fixed. and honestly the only difference is that the 6262 is tighter, which some may like or not.

bugera's sounds a billion times better with new tubes, so, the videos you see online doesn't show it's full capability.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
1 6505 is still better than 2 broken 6262s. I've also had bad experiences with 6262's, already had faulty parts in the store and also wasn't too fond of the drive. Though its hard to say there are better metal amps for the money(since so few exist in the price range) the better option is to save money for a better more reliable amp, whether it be the peavey or something else close to that price.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
okay. but is the extra $700 worth the peavey? i could always try the 6262 and return it if i dont like it i guess.
um dude.

check out guitar center's used site. you can find a 5150 combo for the same price as a 6262 combo, some even less.

it's all up to taste what you like better.

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by natehimself
um dude.

check out guitar center's used site. you can find a 5150 combo for the same price as a 6262 combo, some even less.

it's all up to taste what you like better.

i dont want a combo.
There was this exact same thread yesterday
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1315116
read that, there are a lot of good post with good info in that thread
also, the reliability issue with Bugera is addressed thoroughly
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at May 24, 2010,
Quote by rickyj
i dont want a combo.

Whats wrong with a combo?
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Leeav
Whats wrong with a combo?

+1

it's 120 W, and can be used as a head also if use it with a different set of speakers.

so basically it's the exact same head + a 2x12 cabinet.

what the hells your deal man?

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by natehimself
+1

it's 120 W, and can be used as a head also if use it with a different set of speakers.

so basically it's the exact same head + a 2x12 cabinet.

what the hells your deal man?

because i dont want to have to carry a big ass cab and a combo amp around all the time. not to mention half stacks look cooler
Quote by rickyj
because i dont want to have to carry a big ass cab and a combo amp around all the time. not to mention half stacks look cooler

You think a combo is more difficult to transport than a half stack? You, my friend, are misguided.

Also, nobody actually cares if you have a combo or stack...
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Leeav
You think a combo is more difficult to transport than a half stack? You, my friend, are misguided.

i care if i have a combo.

its tiny, which is a good thing if your practicing in a bedroom or going to band practice, but not if your gonna go play on a big ass stage. my first gig i played with a spider valve combo while the other guitarist in my band had a marshall half stack(jcm 800 i think). it just doesnt look right onstage when your playing with a combo. i want a big ass amp that looks big and powerful just because it looks awesome. the extra weight, to me, is worth the stage presence. im going to use my spider for band practices anyways so its not like im gonna be takin it with me all the time.

also ive heard the 6202 combo sound like shit and i dont want to have to go buy new speakers.
New 6262 or used 5150/6505. I've had my combo for months with no problems.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Combos are heavy as hell, just remember that. and harder to resell
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by rickyj

its tiny, which is a good thing if your practicing in a bedroom or going to band practice, but not if your gonna go play on a big ass stage. my first gig i played with a spider valve combo while the other guitarist in my band had a marshall half stack(jcm 800 i think). it just doesnt look right onstage when your playing with a combo. i want a big ass amp that looks big and powerful just because it looks awesome. the extra weight, to me, is worth the stage presence. im going to use my spider for band practices anyways so its not like im gonna be takin it with me all the time.

also ive heard the 6202 combo sound like shit and i dont want to have to go buy new speakers.

Lmao. You know nothing.

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
You might want to wait for the new Peavey 6534+, which is a 6505+ with EL34 power tubes. It got great reviews at NAMM. I'm looking forward to trying one out.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by rickyj

You're in a metalcore band, aren't you?
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Leeav

I'd much rather carry a head a cab than a 2X12 combo, those bastards are very heavy, trust me, lol.
My combo is like 75 pounds I beleive, lol.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
the 6262 combo is about 65 lbs. it's really not that much heavier than the head which is only about 55 lbs.