Is this a good trade?

I play a lot of metal but i've turned soft lately and been playing some more mellow Pink Floyd. I still play a wide range of music, and I'm not sure if the 5150 is up for that.

Are the cleans really THAT bad?

EDIT: oh and btw, if I buy this Peavey 5150, I'll be pretty much the only owner of a 5150 in the whole of Hong Kong. Our Peavey dealer left HK more than a decade ago, and even then their 5150s were low on stock.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
Is this a good trade?

I play a lot of metal but i've turned soft lately and been playing some more mellow Pink Floyd. I still play a wide range of music, and I'm not sure if the 5150 is up for that.

Are the cleans really THAT bad?

EDIT: oh and btw, if I buy this Peavey 5150, I'll be pretty much the only owner of a 5150 in the whole of Hong Kong. Our Peavey dealer left HK more than a decade ago, and even then their 5150s were low on stock.

yes, the cleans really are THAT bad.

they are thin as shit.

but you could always pick up some cheap bugera v 55 or something for cleans.

edit: if you're a metal head, it's a good trade. pretty much breaks even both sides.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
You are thinking of swapping you beloved Laney for a 5150? Say goodbye to versatility.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ yeah i'd have said the laney was more versatile and better at the lighter stuff than the 5150.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't think the Laney TT is Laney's best amp in production, but I think it's a tonne better than the 5150 if you're looking for a Pink Floyd amp (British, versatile sound). The TT is pretty much perfect - as long as you actually like the amp. That's obviously crucial.
oh yeah of course
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
heh

It just seems strange that someone who is playing LESS heavily distorted guitar wants to switch to a 5150. It made me think he doesn't actually like his TT any more.
haha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?