Right, I was going to purchase an Ibanez acoustic until a hell of a lot of people advised me not to. So I was looking to buy my first acoustic guitar and learn to play, however I am not stuck between the Yamaha FG700MS and the Washburn D10S. Both are around the same price and I am unable to try either one until I order them online and receive them. I can return the guitar for any reason within 14 days but will have to pay an administration fee. So which guitar would you guys recommend? It is almost split between the two with people saying the Yamaha is great at low prices and others saying that the Washburn is one of the best beginner acoustics. I am interested in playing different kinds of rock, if that matters...
Thanks in advance!
I would go with the Yamaha.

In the store I used to work at, we had the Washburn D10S, and while it was a great guitar, all of the Yamaha's I've played have consistently been a little bit better.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
Genre does not matter and IMO as well, the Yamaha sounds better and is built like a tank(not heavy like one, you know what I mean..)

It's a UK bank...sorry, I know.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK

It's a UK bank...sorry, I know.

Lol yeah I know... I was born in England and got a lot of stick at school for my nickname :P
Until I saw this thread I was going to buy the D10S myself. Would the Yamaha be worth an extra £40(Lowest prices I could find)? Cheers. Glad I held off on my order.
Having looked around I often see the washburn compared to the 730MS rather than the 700. Not really any closer to choosing!
I personally would recommend a Yamaha because of my great experience with them. They are affordable, good quality and last a long time (I've had 2 for 6 years now and they are still a great as the day I bought them). Takamine is also a brand close to Yamaha that I would recommend checking out.
personally, Yamaha is the best for low-end guitar. If you really are having a hard time deciding on what to buy, just think that you are just about to start and you wont really notice any difference between them.

to sum up, as everyone is saying Yamaha really is a good quality guitar..
I've had people play my Yamaha FG730 and like it better than their own guitar they paid alot more $$$ for.
Quote by akaNatWest
Lol yeah I know... I was born in England and got a lot of stick at school for my nickname :P

Sooo...what is your actual budget/experience?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!