hey i have an rg770 and the bridge pickup fades out unexpectedly at times. when i switch from the neck back to it though it is at full output again. the pickup is a ibz/usa f2. the guitar is from 91. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
could be the switch, volume pot, or output jack.

probably the switch. is it a 3-way skeleton switch toggle? if so then replace that piece of junk with a quality 3-way 'box' switch. 'box' switches have the same insides but are marginally better because they are fully enclosed.

it's definitely NOT the pickup.
Quote by Invader Jim
probably the switch. is it a 3-way skeleton switch toggle?
nah, RG770 uses a 5way blade.

Shoot some contact cleaner into the switch and run it back and forth several times.
Should work, at least for a while.
Or just replace the switch now and be done with it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
not nessesarily. i had the same issue.

however i rewired my guitar twice (first time trying, 2nd to get rid of hum i was getting). so i know it wasnt that.

it was the small wires INSIDE the pickup that had old/loose solder joints that were not functioning. i had to removing teh pickup, take teh cover and back plate off (exposing the internal coil) and resolder teh 2 small wires sticking out). that fixed it.

basically, it was just that. it would cut out at random times. if i touched it it would work, if i touched it again it wouldnt. its cause when i touched it, by chance it would touch the wire to the solder join. touch again, knocks it off.

but thats just my scenario. make sure its nothing else before you dismantle your pickup.
Quote by ikey_
not nessesarily. i had the same issue.
I very much doubt your symptoms were identical.
Quote by budreiser1
the bridge pickup fades out unexpectedly at times. when i switch from the neck back to it though it is at full output again.
This indicates oxide on the contacts. Rotating the switch from bridge to neck, then back to bridge scrapes down some of the oxide.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.