I just bought a brand new Peavy 6505+ head, and it's buzzing like crazy on the rythmn channel, even when it's on standby! I take out the cable, same thing. It's p*ssing me off... Does anybody else have problems like this?
Prolly just a lemon, take it back to the store.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Check all connections internally. Crank that amp for about 4 or 5 hours. Take it up--- switch channels a few times just rock out with it. Some amps just need time to burn in a little. Let it cool down for about an hour. then do it again. Just shred with it. Mine hits real hard at first and hisses ect. I put a smart gate on it and no problem !!!!!!!! Change guitars a few times. Burn it in man. If that does not work check all connections again then take it back
shouldn't make any noise at all on standby, i think its a lemon.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Sounds strange to me, check all the tubes are seated correctly. What are the volume levels set at on the channel?
Quote by HeavyMetalDude1
I just bought a brand new Peavy 6505+ head, and it's buzzing like crazy on the rythmn channel, even when it's on standby! I take out the cable, same thing. It's p*ssing me off... Does anybody else have problems like this?

That'll teach you buying a Bugera!! HAH!...

oh wait
The first time I played a 6505+ was in a music store and it had the exact same problem and in my noobness I assumed the amp just sucked and swore my hatred for the 6505 range for years after. Then while trying an Uberschall that I was planning on buying I decided to try a 6505+ again and give it one last try. I A/B'd them and was blown away by the bottom end response from the 6505 and really couldn't justify paying double for the Bogner (being my first tube amp) so got the 6505+ and never looked back.

The moral to the story is you got a rare dud, probably old tubes. Give it another go you will be glad you did