So i've been looking for a new amp for a long time, i've been saving up, but i've pretty much become lost in my search for an amp that will suit me.

-This amp will be used mostly for playing Gigs with my band, recording, and practicing in my room (volume is not an issue at all). Our band plays punk/alternative rock similar to Green Day, the Ramones, the Misfits, and the Replacements. I usually have a pretty treble and distortion heavy tone with about like 50% bass (or a little more), so nothing wimpy!

-The amp must have at least 2 footswitchable channels, but 3 channels is a little more ideal if possible (but it's not really ABSOLUTLY needed).

-I'm currently using a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt and i really kinda like the idea of having lots of storable presets because i use a different set for each guitar, but again, this is not ABSOLUTLY needed.

-And also, i would love to get a half stack becuase generally i really like the feel of them and the headroom, size, and overall apeall of it. And on a lighter note, i would love to paint my band's logo onto a cab to use for gigs.

So go ahead and give me suggestions (please!!!).

-Evan
(Rock On!)

EDIT: please, no "you don't need a half stack" posts, trust me, i am fully aware of this fact!

EDIT 2: I have a possible price range of about $1000-$1400 (including the cab if it's a half stack)
Guitars:
Squire Strat w/ Hot Rails
DIY "Suncaster"
Epiphone G-400
Jay Turser JT200D
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Ovation Balladeer
Jackson JS1 Dinky

Amps:
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Behringer V-Tone GM108
Roland Cube 40
Last edited by guitargod127 at May 24, 2010,
Jcm900 4100/4500
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I recommend you check out the Peavey Triple X, XXX, or JSX. They can get some great tones, and they are a little over $1000.

Otherwise, I recommend a boosted Marshall JCM 900.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
By the way, if you are getting a JCM 900, I recommend you get a BOSS SD-1 or a Digitech Bad Monkey as boost.

The amp sounds pretty good on its own, but a boost will make it sound even better.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by Cathbard
Jcm900 4100/4500

Are there any differences between the two besides the fact that ones 100 watts and ones 50 watts?
Guitars:
Squire Strat w/ Hot Rails
DIY "Suncaster"
Epiphone G-400
Jay Turser JT200D
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Ovation Balladeer
Jackson JS1 Dinky

Amps:
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Behringer V-Tone GM108
Roland Cube 40
Marshall JCM 800 2205/2210
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Mesa/Boogie Single/Dual/Triple Rectifier
Mesa Mark III
Mesa Mark IV
Randall RM series
Peavey XXX
Peavey Ultra Plus
Soldano Hot Rod 50
Jet City Amps JCA100H or 50H
Blackheart Hot Head

You've got a ton of options, OP.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by guitargod127
Are there any differences between the two besides the fact that ones 100 watts and ones 50 watts?

Not that I'm aware of. Pretty sure they have an identical preamp circuit and the power amp is just missing a couple of valves.

And as far as boosting goes - no, just no.

The first thing you hit past the input jack is a series of op-amps. You can boost a little but you can't boost much before you start clipping the op-amp which just sounds nasty. There is plenty of gain in the things to cover this genre without a boost. As it is there is enough gain in the op-amps to drive the amp past the clipping point for the diodes which sets how hard the valve input can go, boosting just adds opamp distortion.
I've started removing the clipping circuits on mine but eventually I hope to completely bypass the input op-amp section and add another 12AX7 for the boost channel - then a boost will actually do good things.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm just going to go ahead and go with the JCM 900 suggestion. That's pretty much the ideal amp for the sound you're going for. If you really want a "third" channel, just get an overdrive pedal and use it as a clean boost on top of your amp's overdrive.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.