I want a nice OD for a nice lead tone, that's not too harsh and metal. Kinda like Guthrie Govan or Satriani. Around the $100 price range, give or take. What options are there? Sound clips if possible.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
What amp are you using? You'll be wanting a distortion for those tones; an OD is too uncompressed and low-gain.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
satch signature distortion pedal maybe. Im not sure what satch's gain pedal was before he got his sig, but he runs it into the clean channel of his amp. he also uses two delay pedals (one long, one short) instead of reverb to get his sound.
^ I'm not sure if Satch ever used the Satchurator. Maybe on some songs live, but now he's using the Marshall JVM.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I like my Satchurator, but I find that I'm always using the Tone at 3 o'clock or else it is way too fizzy. I do have a bright guitar and humbucker though.
Quote by josephde
I've played a lot of Koreans that were just horrible.

An excellent example of unintended racism.
Quote by Raijouta
What amp are you using? You'll be wanting a distortion for those tones; an OD is too uncompressed and low-gain.

Guthrie's tones are generally not too compressed except for some of his live videos like Fives IIRC. While I agree an OD wouldn't work to replicate it, I think that's more of the amp's tonal characteristics as opposed to just the gain.